1. Which of the following best describes slab pull?
- The descending plate will cool, becoming heavy, and drag the plates apart @ the
1. What is NOT true about the Pacific Ocean?
- It is geologically the newest ocean.
2. Which of the following is
Chapter 1 Vocabulary
Marine Biology - Is the scientific study of life in the sea.
Oceanography - The scientific study of the oceans.
Sonar - Technology of the detection of underwater echoes.
Scuba - Self-contained underwater breathing apparatus
Natural Selection Lab
Hypothesis: I believe that the orange prey will survive If I remove 15 of each color prey and add
3 to every prey that survives.
Materials & Procedures:
- index cards
- mouse pad (fabric)
Potato Osmosis Lab Report
Background: Osmosis is a form of diffusion, passive transport, where water diffuses through a
selectively permeable membrane from a higher concentration to a lower concentration. This
occurs when molecules in a high concentration