Unit 4 IDs
1. Mercantilism- gold-based standard; lead to colonization of new world - europeans wanted
more money and more gold; separated the 'haves' and 'have-nots'
2. Revolution- American, French, Latin American, etc.; first real resistance to imperiali
1. Spanish attracted to the metals of the Americas, drew lots of migrants.
2. Silver was the most abundant American treasure, more silver than gold.
3. Silver production was most prominent in northern Mexico (Zacatecas) and the ce
Chapter 28 notes (Gunpowder Empires)
Ottoman Empire was very successful
Founded by Osman and some Turks who migrated to Anatolia in the 13th century.
Ghazi - Muslim religious wa
Theme One Interactions of Cultures
-Patterns and effects of interactions among major societies and regions: trade, war, diplomacy,
and international organizations
This theme looks at how peoples from different cultures consistently in
AP World History
With the absence of a centralized state or
empire local institutions became the
political leaders called the Polis.
In Athens the government was based on
democratic principles and only men