College Algebra - Solutions
1. Find the quadratic function which has a zero of
Express your answer in standard form,
, what is the value of
, given the graph of
5. For what value
Kinetic molecular theory: describes gases as a large number of constantly and randomly moving
particles (atoms/molecules) that collide with each other and with the walls of the containers
postulates of kinetic-molecular theory:
-gases are made up of a lar
Matter= anything with mass
=pure substances and mixtures
PS: type of matter that be broken into simpler components wo undergoing a chem change
element: pure substance consisting of only one type of atom
the dissolving process
1) solvent molecules are attracted to solute molecules or ions at the surface of the particles
2) solvent molecules surround the solute molecule
3) solvent molecules carry the solute molecule into the solutions
4) the solute molecul
Due at the beginning of class on Tuesday, Sept 20th
Boolean Logic Practice
What does the following expression evaluate to? Hint: use a truth table.
(p | q) & !(p & q)
It always evaluates to be true.
Chapter 1 Test Review
1. False, the java can identify the difference between upper and lower case letters.
2. False, it stands for Read Only Memory
5. False, we should try to check the sourc
Mark (circle or highlight) the best answer provided.
The values passed to a method when it is called are
1. Cultural trait: a single trait that a culture has, for example, Southern US uses different
2. Cultural complex: a bundle of traits that Southern US uses a unique accent.
3. Cultural system: the system combined with these complexes, for
Moving Man: Velocity vs. Time Graphs
Background You will be required on the AP Physics exam to interpret three types of graphs.
Graphs of Displacement vs. Time, Velocity vs. Time, and Acceleration vs. Time. This
simulation will familiarize you with the fi
A) Explanation: The graph of distance is a line with a positive slope because the man is
approaching his house at a constant rate (velocity). And the graph of velocity is a
horizontal line above x-axis because since the velocity is constant during the pro
Hypothesis: If two vectors adds together, then we add up the vectors x-component and y-component
and use the new x and y component to calculate the new vector.
Make sure your calculator is set to degrees and not radian
1. The acceleration graph in A is a horizontal line at y=0 because the velocity of the man is
constant which means the slope of the velocity is zero.
A. The acceleration has two point dislocated from the graph which are infinite because of sudden
Acceleration Due to Gravity Lab
Hypothesis: If the gravity is constant at the earth surface, then we can calculate a constant g representing the gravity at the
1. Materials: a coin, stopwatch, meterstick, tapes.
Use the mete
Listening. Fecha de entrega: 14 de agosto
You will look for short video clips/news segments/podcasts about 5 of the following
Los derechos humanos
El entretenimiento (la msica, el cine, el arte, etc)
Los das festivos (en el mundo espaol
AP Biology Northview High School 2016-2017
Rebecca V. Simonsen M.D.
AP Biology is a year-long course intended to model a college level introductory Biology course. It will
require college-level work and study habits.
Northview High School:
School-Wide Required Summer Reading
Research indicates that summer reading fosters academic performance and continued
achievement. All rising 10th- 12th grade students are required to read one work during
their summer brea
Felicidades! I am glad you have chosen to continue your study of Spanish. This class
will help you to be as well prepared as possible for AP Spanish Spanish Language and
Culture here at Northview, Spanish courses when you enroll in college and in your