TCH031 Digital Photo 1
Fall Term 1 8/10/16
This course requires a digital camera, not a cell phone, tablet or
other non-camera device with a built in camera. Check your
welcome announcement, course materials, or welcome email for
COMPOSTITION TEXT QUESTIONS:
1. What is the Rule of Thirds?
It is splitting your image into thirds (both vertically and horizontally) in order to place your
subject(s) in interesting and eye-captivating manners.
2. What is the framing guideline for photog
Elements of Photography
1. Why is angle of view important? What are some of the ways that you can do this?
Angle of view (when used correctly), can give a new and more interesting perspective to the
photography. When crouching or elevating above subject,
Unit Two Text Questions
1. What is a pinhole camera? How do we know that these devices existed before the
-Light-tight box that has a single hole in one side. We know that they existed before because
a pinhole camera concept was descri
Unit Three Lab Questions
1. What is exposure?
Exposure is time and illuminance of the image. It can be stated as Exposure=(time) x
(illuminance of image).
2. What can affect illuminance?
Amount of light that hits the subject (luminance) or how li
UNIT FOUR: LAB QUESTIONS:
1. Why is scale difficult in photographs?
Without an element of common reference it is hard to know what the size of an object is
2. What does Mishler suggest to help show scale?
Something that is easily scaled to othe
Unit 3 Text Questions:
1. What is aperture priority mode? When might you use this mode on a camera?
-Aperture priority mode consists of the user to adjust only the aperture (or amount of light let
in) and the cameras light sensor works out the other facto