The Great Gatsby
1. Why does Nick seem to be the only one not chasing after the American dream?
Every main character that Nick has introduced so far has been chasing the
American dream of being successful. Everyone has used other people to
1. Into the Wild addresses the portray of modern society in a contrary to how many see it.
Christopher McCandless, a smart, handsome young man, grew up in a materialistic world. As
most parents, Billie and Walt McCandless fou
English 10 B4
1. Did McCandless make the right decision going into the wild?
2. What factors may have led McCandless into rejecting society?
3. If McCandless could have looked back, would he regret going to Alaska for such a long
July 22, 1922
Yet again I spent my morning dressing up for Tom. He wasnt home when I woke
up but I hoped that he would return before lunch. I dont know what to do anymore.
Everything I do to make myself more appealing to Tom doesnt work. Why does he think
1. Why is reputation such a major theme to this play?
Almost every character in The Crucible has tried to cover up the wrongs they have done,
or seen. They begin to blame others to keep a good reputation. Parris
1. Why does Celia follow the girls who bully her?
2. Do you think any of the kids from the neighborhood felt badly for leading on this event?
3. Why does Sandra give a piece of chocolate to Celia and not Elizabeth? What is the
The Stone Boy
1. Why do Arnolds legs tremble from the freight his answer gave him?
After Eugie is shot, Arnold begins to feel like nothing matters anymore. He tries to
continue with his everyday life, but the fact that his brothe
1. Why does the village seem to be so happy in the beginning?
2. Why cant the woman choose first? What does this tell you about the village?
3. Who is the scapegoat? Why?
Depending on who you are talking about, the scapegoat in T
1. Does Sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong, portray the same views of woman as the
rest of the book?
No, the story does not portray the same views of woman as what we have
previously read. Unlike Kathleen and the woman at the book s
1. Why does Marty sink the car that he has worked so hard on?
Over the few years that have passed since Marty and Stephan bought the car, it has kept
them close. The red convertible gave both of them freedom, and something to lau