Chapter 01 Law as the Foundation of Business Answer Key
True / False Questions
Law and "rule of law" are synonymous terms.
Law is known by everyone as being intended to tell members of society what they
can or cannot do. Under the rule of law, la
Chapter 2 Homework
The Environment of Business
End of the chapter 2 questions
Ethics and society
Describe the reasons for the rising concern over business ethics
The rising concern over business ethics responds to a decline i
1. Federal sentencing guidelines reduce criminal fines for legal violations in companies that have
taken specific steps to self-police ethical/legal conduct.
Federal sentencing guidelines reduce criminal fines for legal violations in companie
Chapter 1 Homework
The Environment of Business
End of chapter 1 questions
Why nation are economically weak or strong
a) Identify several reason put forth to explain why nation are prosperous or poor.
Dependency theory: this theory arg
Constitution: Chapter 5 Homework
Section 5.1: Federalism and Preemption
1. One of the attempts to use the Constitution to achieve a social policy was Prohibition. Review the
twenty-seven amendments to the Constitution. Other than the Bi
The Court System: Chapter 2 Homework
Section 2.1: The Third Branch
1. Do you believe that judicial review is a good thing for American democracy? Why or why not?
I believe it is necessary to ensure the checks and balances of all the bra
Litigation: Chapter 3 Homework
Section 3.1: The Parties Involved
1. Can you think of a situation where an in-house attorney may advise you to retain your own counsel?
I would say, worst case scenario, sexual harassment case against empl
Introduction to Law: Chapter 1 Homework
Section 1.1: What is Law
1. Read The Case of the Speluncean Explorers at http:/www.nullapoena.de/stud/explorers.html. I
identity the justices opinion with which you most closely agree. Name the di
Charter 6 Ex
1. If a contract was not entered in good faith, do you think that fact alone should matter?
Consider Locke v. Warner Bros. Inc., which was discussed in the introduction to this chapter. All
essential elements of the contract appear to have ex
Chapter 7 Ex
1. Do you believe that this conduct is extreme and outrageous
enough to constitute a tort? Why or why not?
They are on public property and according to the text abiding by
all the state law, and they have the right to express themselves
CHAPTER 1 EXERCISES (1.1)
1. Identify the justice opinion with which you mostly agree with. Name the three theory of
Jurisprudence used by the justice in reaching his or hers opinion.
I agree with Justice Handy the most, the three theory of Jurisprudence
Chapter 2 Exercises
Do you believe that judicial review is a good thing for American
democracy? Why or why not?
Yes and no, yes because all branches of the government needs to be
reviewed and needs to be told no, if something is unconstitutional.
Chp. 3 Ex.
1. Can you think of a situation where an in-house attorney may advise you to
retain your own counsel?
I would said in a (worst case scenario sexual harassment case against that
2. Do you believe that the bar does an effective job of po
Ch. 4 HW
1. How can the contractor add the building supplier as a party to the lawsuit? What is this
procedure called and how does it work? The contractor can use the building supplier as
a third party defendant. This procedure is