3 3 4 4
4 1 11 2 25
1. Which members of the family above are afflicted with Huntingtons Disease? _
2. There are no carriers for Hun
Chapter 5 - Cell Communication Study Guide
What is a signal transduction pathway? Give an example
A set of chemical reactions in a cell that occurs when a molecule, such as
a hormone, attaches to a receptor on the cell membrane. The pathway
dN/dt = rN
dN/dt = rN(K-N/K)
1. There is a population of beetles that has 3000 individuals. In one month, there are 400 births and 150 deaths.
Calculate the individual growth rate.
2. A population of 300 butterflies
AP Biology Unit 2 self-study guide:
Big Idea 2: Biological systems utilize free energy and molecular building blocks to grow, to
reproduce and to maintain dynamic homeostasis.
Enduring understanding 2.A: Growth, reproduction and maintenance of the organiz
A. What are psychological disorders
1. Identifying and defining psychological disorders in 3 ways:
a. Deviation from normality
c. Psychological health
i. If a behavior is going against what everyone else
Chapter 4:1 notes
Brainstorm: What are some of the different stressors that teens feel today form 30 years ago?
How do we define adolescence?
Psychological Terms: A period of mixed emotions/responsibilities
Childlike behaviors evolve into adult behavio
Chapter 4:4 Notes:
? What does it mean to be male or female (how we dress, think, work, learn, play, move,
others thoughts about you)? Are these roles intimate (are you born with) or are these roles
a. Gender Roles
1. Social development
As a child enters adol. Their social relationships changes ( peers, family)
In the family the adolescent is trying out their new role as an adult; more freedom,
responsibilities, stress, expectations parents may not always be ready
1. What is research
a. Pre research decisions
i. Method used by psychologist depend on what they are researching. But basic
decisions must be made firsti.
1. Sample group out of total population being studied.
a. Must be representative of the total popula
LAB #1: Measurements (Circumference & Diameter) (100 points)
1. Click on this link:
2. On left side, click on Labs
3. From the list of topics, click on Introductory
LAB #3: Cookie sale (100 points)
1. Click on this link:
2. On top right hand corner, click on Printer Friendly Version
3. Print the entire lab
4. Work with a partn