Two capacitors: C1 = 5.00 F, C2 = 10.0 F. 12.0-V battery.
1) Capacitors are parallel with the battery
a) Sketch the circuit.
b) Find the equivalent capacitance
c) Find the charge stored on each capacitor.
d) Find the voltage on each capacitor.
1) A 6 V battery, resistor, capacitor, and switch are connected in series per the
figure below. The capacitor, C = 5.00 uF, and the resistor, R = 4.00 x 10 5 .
a. Calculate the RC time constant.
b. Calculate the maximum charge Q0 on the capacitor
III-5 CW Applications
1) From ion source to velocity selector to mass spectrometer
Positive charge q = 1.6 x 10-19 C and a mass of 1.672 x 10-27 kg.
As you solve this problem, draw a simple picture (similar to the notes), starting from left to
right, of a
1) Magnetic Force on Moving Charges (Also, please draw the Magnetic Force vector.)
2) Change in Kinetic Energy of Moving Charge in a Uniform Magnetic Field
3) Magnetic Force / Acceleration
4) Calculate the magnetic force in A above on th
2. A wire 1.5 m in length carries a current of 5.00 A in a region where a uniform
magnetic field has a magnitude of 0.400 T. Calculate the magnitude of the magnetic
force on the wire if the angle between the magnetic field and the wire is 60 degr
1) Magnetic Field due to Current-Carrying Wire
2) Calculate the magnetic field for A in the above problem. Also, what is the direction
of the magnetic field at the charge.
3) Magnetic Field due to Current Carrying Wires
4) Magnetic Field