Note the version displayed at the bottom of each page. Watch
for changes to this version at the Exams section of the website.
MATH 2212 Fall 2016
Exam 1 Review Set
A. Use the
In parts A-E, evaluate the integral.
u 3 + u 2 ) d
Math 2212, Test 1
1. Find the derivative of each of the following (6 points each):
(a) f (x) = sin(x2 )ecos(x)
(b) g(x) = log5 ( x)
2. Use logarithmic dierentiation to nd the derivative of (8 points):
f (x) =
(2x + 1)(2x + 2)(2x + 3)
Math 2212, Test 3
No calculator allowed. Always justify your work or no point will be earned
on the problem.
1. Find the limit of the following sequences (6 points each):
(a) (n + 3)1/2n
(b) ln( 3n2+1 )
(c) (|t| + n )n
2. Use LHpi
Calculus 2, Fall 2013, Test 4
December 1, 2013
You must show all your work to receive full credit for a question.
1. Expand x3 2x2 + x 1 in powers of x + 1 (10 points).
2. Expand 3x in powers of x 1. You must write the genera
a [0 nd an expression for the area under
enilitt ~ . .
Use Ff as H mm Do not evaluate the limit.
SECTION 5.2 THE DEFINITE INTEGRAL 371
that the n rectangles representing Rn L. can be reassem-
bled to form a single rectangle whose area is t
SERIES - CONVERGENCE TESTS - Note: an
Test for Divergence
WHAT IT STATES
a = ar
if r < 1 an converges to S =
if r 1 an diverges
Don't confuse p-series with geometric ser