Nov. 19th 2015
Theres been an increasing trend that is sweeping the nation more and more each year
that passes. Lately, society is becoming obsessed with the weight of a person. Previously there
were no problems with how big or small
HA 3970 Fall 2015 Study Guide 1
1. Why is IT important for the healthcare industry?
2. What are the potential impacts of electronic medical records?
3. What are the information problems in the healthcare industry?
4. Why study health informat
Health Information System (HA 3970): Assignment 2a
1. The goal of this assignment is to give you an opportunity to hone your skills by practicing data
flow diagrams. This is a group assignment. You will work on this assignment with classmate(s)
Health Information Systems
1. This assignment is due on Tuesday, October 20th, 2015. Please submit a hard-copy of your
work in the beginning of class. You should also keep a back-up copy for your own record.
Create an E/R diagram for the following business situation and convert the diagram into a set of
related tables: A health insurance company sells a number of insurance policies. Employer
companies can buy any number of policies including zero an
1. Employers can employ any number of employees, but not zero, and employees can be
employed by any number of employers, up to 4-. Employees can have any number of dependents
including zero. Dependents can be related to only one employee. Insurance comp
l. A research organization supports the medical instruments sector by discovering efcient
image processing parts. The organization employs a number of research scientists. A research
scientist can discover any number of parts, including zero and a part ca