1. Physical development: Height and weight
- Average growth is 2.5 inches and 5 to 7 pounds per year during early childhood
- Growth patterns vary individually
Two most important contributors to height differences
+ Ethnic origin and nutri
Middle to late childhood
1. Physical development slow, consistent growth
- Height: Growth averages 2-3 inches per year
- Weight gain averages 5-7 pounds a year
Head circumference and waist circumference decrease in relation to body
height in middle and la
1. Physical development:
-Cephalocaudal pattern: the earliest growth always occurs at the top- the head- with
physical growth and differentiation of features working their way down from top to
-Proximodistal pattern: the growth starts at the cente
07 September, 2016
Prenatal Education Assignment
1. Provide the web address of one website that would be useful to you if you
were preparing an educational program for an expectant couple.
Marchofdimes.org is a very useful website
1. Physical changes:
Shrinking, slowing brain
+Brain loses 5 to 10 percent of its weight between the ages of 20 and 90
+Brain volume decreases due to:
Shrinkage of neurons
Lower numbers of synapses
Reduced length of axon
I believe in love and empathy that can heal every persons hurt and pain. I also believe
that love will always guide and motivate the compassion to care for other people in every one of
Sweetie, youre here, did you eat something yet?, I am s
1. Natural selection: the evolutionary process by which those individuals of a
species that are best adapted are the ones that survive and reproduce.
Adaptive behavior: behavior that promotes an organisms survival in its
natural habitat. Ex: the attachmen
1 Development: the pattern of movement or change that begins at conception and continue
through the human life span.
2. Life-span: the maximum number of years an individual can live. The life span of human being
is about 120 to 125 years of age.
Module 6: adolescence
1. Puberty begins
- Male: 1013 years. It may end as early as 13 or late as 17.
- Girls: between ages of 9 and 15 years
2. Hormonal changes:
Hormones: Chemicals secreted by the endocrine glands and carried
throughout the body by the b
Module 7: Early adulthood
1. 5 key features that characterize emerging adulthood (Jeffrey Arnett)
- Identity exploration, especially in love and work: emerging adulthood is a time during
which key changes in identity take place for many individuals.