1. Explain how Ben & Jerrys is using business intelligence tools to remain successful and
competitive in a saturated market.
In a highly saturated market, a company like Ben & Jerrys is able to remain successful by
using business intelligence tools to acc
1. In todays global business environment, does the physical location of a
While Thomas Friedman argues that globalization has caused the world to
become flat enabling you to export your talents anywhere, I do believe that
Michael Porter i
1. Explain why the supply chain can dramatically impact a companys base performance?
A supply chain includes every activity and party involved, directly or indirectly, in
obtaining, delivering, and/ or providing all of the goods and services required to f
1. What is immediate, up-to-date information?
All of the above
2. Which of the following represents the different information formats?
Individual, department, enterprise
Detail, summary, aggr
1. Describe the difference between transactional and analytical information, and
determine which of these types Spotlight used to identify its 10 tribes.
Transactional information encompasses all of the information within a single business
process or unit
1. A database management system (DBMS) can only interact with other software application
2. Redundancy is the duplication of information, or storing the same information in multiple
3. A central repository does not
1. The Data Warehousing Institute estimates that low-quality information costs U.S. businesses
$60 billion annually.
2. Extraction, transformation, and loading is a process that extracts information from internal
databases, transforms the infor
1. Do you agree with or disagree with Friedmans assessment that
the world is flat? Be sure to justify your answer.
I agree with Friedmans assessment that the world is flat; and the
continuing development of new and better technologies seems to
1. Why did FAO Inc. have to declare bankruptcy?
FAO Inc. had to declare bankruptcy because they were unable, or potentially unwilling,
to adjust their prices in order to remain competitive and successfully operate within the
same market as big box stores
1. Data latency is the time from which data are made available to the time when analysis is
2. Improving the quality of business decisions has a direct impact on costs and revenue.
3. The three forms of BI include operation
The Virtual Store, Inc.
Part A: The Company and Products:
The Virtual Store incorporated provides customers with a very wide range of products at
the lowest prices. We excel in reducing our prices and customer satisfaction through our on