STUDY GUIDE CHAPTER 9 DEVELOPMENT
1. Contrast the economic structures (primary, secondary, and tertiary sectors) of developed versus
2. Describe the two primary paths to development and state which path most count
INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN GEOGRAPHY, GEOG 1101, SPRING 2016
TOPIC PRESENTATION/ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT
GENERAL: In this assignment, you will present a summary of your assigned topic. This topic is the same
topic that you will use for your annotated bibliography t
STUDY GUIDE CHAPTER 8 POLITICAL GEOGRAPHY
1. Describe the major military and economic alliances in the world.
2. Explain how the shapes of states may affect communication and government control, and provide
some examples of states that
Chapter 1 activities
For example, 1/2 is bigger than 1/4. Just because the second number is larger, does not make
it a larger scale. Decimal wise, it would have been .50 vs .25, which clearly shows that is a
GEOG 1101 fall 2015
Homework Assignment #2
1. As the Chinese language becomes increasingly important as a lingua franca, what distinctive
elements make it especially difficult to use, and what features make it especially attractive to use?
2. According to
Homework Assignment #32
1. Compare agricultural hearths in Figure 10.1.5 with the origin of Indo-European (Figures
5.4.3 and 5.4.4). What similarities appear between the diffusion of language and of
agriculture? Be thorough.
52 N 21 E
Where is Poland?
Maps of Poland
Northern Poland was founded by Mieszko, who belonged to the Piasts
Dynasty, in 960.
Different tribes of southern Poland formed what was known as Little