Date: _ | Period: _
1. The eager Cubs fan sat with _ excitement as the pitcher prepared to throw the
last pitch of a no-hitter.
2. When Judsons mom
Spains Empire in the Americas
- Conquistadors- men eager for personal glory and
- Searched central and south America for silver and
- Spread the word of God
- A Spanish expedition consisting of 11 ships set sail
westward in hopes of ex
C T I ON
The French and Indian War
British victory over the
French in North America
enlarged the British empire
but led to new conflicts with
British victories helped spread
the English language throughout
factual details do you
notice about the
What obstacles does the
Physical, Mental, and
Explain how this
obstacle is or is not a
human rights issue.
How does the character
Congress an the Articles of Confederation
Read the selection from the Articles of
Confederation and respond to the following
1. What is the role of the state governments under the Articles of
appoint military officers, sign treat
Marbury v Madison & Judicial Review
HIGHLIGHT YOUR ANSWERS
1. What is the job of the Supreme Court as described in Article III? shall hold
their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for
their services a compensation
Date: _ | Period: _
1. The eager Cubs fan sat with _decorous_ excitement as the pitcher prepared to
throw the last pitch of a no-hitter.
Problems with the Articles of Confederation
What was your document,
who is the writer, and why
is he writing?
The federalist no. 15.
1.The Constitution states that Congress has
the power To provide for calling forth the
Militia to execute the Laws of the Union,
suppress Insurrections and repel
Invasions. Do you think Congress did or
did not have the authority to put state
What was Jefferson's position on the Sedition
As president to order all aliens regarded to unsafe of
suspected treasonable or secret inclinations.
What arguments against the act does Jefferson
Against the Alien and Sedition laws.
Central Question: Why did the Federalists oppose the Louisiana Purchase?
Examine each source document and answer the questions below.
1. Based on this document, why did Federalists oppose the Louisiana
Purchase? (List 2 reas
Friday: Write all of your answers on notebook paper.
1. Make a list of your favorite movies. List at least 10, more if you can.
2. Look up information about the Bechdel Test. What are the three criteria?
3. Now look up each of the movies you listed and no
Rationalization- a defence mechanism in which controversial behaviors are justified
Identity Crisis- when a person seeks a clearer sense of themselves
Social learning- a cognitive process that takes place in social context through observa
Chapter 7 Vocabulary
Consciousness- State of being awake and aware of ones surroundings
REM- rapid eye movements
Circadian rhythm- physical and mental movements that occur with light
Insomnia- Habitual sleep
Sleep apnea- when a person's bre
The Cerebral Cortex
List/label and explain the 4 areas of the cerebral cortex.)
Give an example of a disability one may have if that
particular area is damaged.
1. Frontal Lobe - appropriate social behaviors and
controlling emotions (disability- Bipolaris
Due day of test
Life at the turn of the 20th Century Review Sheet
1.) Why was the skyscraper necessary?
2.) Who designed the Flatiron building in NYC?
3.) Who designed the Wainwright Building in St. Louis?
4.) What was the purpose of electric transit?
The Cerebo Corts
The brain the brain is an interesting large thing, the brain the brain holds many
different things one of the things is called the frontal lobe its large and orange and is
responsible for your rational thoughts another important thing is
in the air
body position in
Andrew Carnegie - The Civil War fueled the iron industry, and by the time the war
was over, Carnegie saw the potential in the field and resigned from Pennsylvania
Railroad. It was one of many bold moves that would typify Carnegie's life in in
1) Crystalized intelligence- Accumulated knowledge such as vocabulary that
increases up to old age.
Examples: Knowledge and experience
2) Fluid intelligence- the ability to reason abstractly and quickly such as solving
problems decreases slo
Changes on the Western Frontier Review Sheet
1.) What are the Great Plains? Why are they relevant to what we have discussed
in class? The Great Plains is region includes all or parts of Texas, New Mexico,
Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, Sou
Compare and contrast
Andrew Carnegie- Carnegie was born in Dunfermline, the medieval capital of
Scotland, in 1835. William Carnegie secured work in a cotton factory and his son
Andrew took work in the same building as a bobbin boy for $1.
September 23, 2015
The Presidential Campaign: Scott Walker
Scott Walker, a potential president for this country, dropped out of the
presidential campaign last week. Not only was walker fighting the loss of campaign
12 August 2015
Summer Assignment 1A
1. Hes not going to win. Its a Republican district. Hed be better for us is he loses. Hell work
for me. Hell bring his organization with him. In this quote, Matthews i
3. In what year was the Bill of Rights added to the Constitution?
e. 1791 (pg. 52 Williams)
4. In the United States, the national government derives its power from which of the
d. citizens (pg. 35)
8. In drafting the Declaration of Independence
n y( 1
a r te
ri e t a
th e n
ry c o
colo became lony but
r th e
c o lo
Hansel and Gretel
A long time ago there was a married couple, a poor
wood-cutter with his wife and his two children. The
boy was called Hansel and the girl Gretel. They
would take them on adventures and set out to do
Seven parts of the brain that Tim Tebow is using.
1) Using his hippocampus to remember plays for the game.
2) Tim is using his medulla oblongata do breathe
unconsciously or to keep his heart rate going.
3) Using his cerebellum to move and coordinate durin
Why were the colonists upset about the Stamp Act?
Some historians have argued that the American Revolution happened
because a few rich leaders riled up all the poor people. Do these documents
provide evidence for argument? Is that evidence believable?