U7 Reading Guide
1. Identify reasons why war broke out in Europe in 1914?
In 1914, a Serbian nationalist killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
The domino-effect began when Austria declared war on Serbia,
which was supported by Russia, who declared
AP U.S. History
Unit 3 Reading Guide
1. Summarize the information on westward expansion. What were
the various approaches the new government adopted with the
Land was 3 cents an acre for all of the land hungry
Unit 5 Reading Questions
1. Why was the period of the late 1870s to the early 20th century
called the Gilded Age?
Well this time period looked promising and good on the
outside despite the corrupt politics and growing gap
A.P. U.S. History
Unit 2 Reading Questions
1. What events encouraged French colonization? What were the
effects of French colonization upon the Native Americans?
In France there were foreign wars, domestic strike, and
clashes between C
Unit 4 Reading Questions
1. Summarize the crisis of 1850 and the Compromise of 1850. List the
components of the Compromise. Get a mental picture stored in your brain of
the map of p. 399.
Compromise of 1850: Admitted California
U9 Reading Questions
1. Explain the policy of containment and the Truman Doctrine.
Identify the early moves to contain the Soviets.
Containment: A foreign policy developed by diplomat
George Kennan that claimed that the only wa
Unit 6 Reading Guide
1. What were the justifications for imperialism put forth by the
following supporters: Reverend Josiah Strong, Senator Henry
Cabot Lodge, Captain Alfred T. Mahan. What influence did
Mahans book have of the American fo