HGS Period 6
May 19, 2016
Hillary Clintons Relationship with Israel-Palestine
Throughout Hillary Clintons time in office as Secretary of State, Senator of New York,
and First lady, she has seemed to always have a strong viewpoint and visio
Chapter 20 notes
Commonwealth and Empire
Toward A National Governing Class
1. As economy grew, so did govt = new responsibilities for regulating society
2. New govts campaigned extensively and began desperately trying to secure votes
The Growth of Govt
APUSH p. 5
Feb 18th, 2017
If WWI was a Board Game
If WWI was a board game, it would be chutes and ladders. The U.S. would be a big sister
playing with her two twin sisters, Germany and Great Britain. A couple rounds into the game
The Incorporation of America
The Rise of Industry, The Triumph of Business
1. Civil War - typical American business firm was a small enterprise, owned and managed by a single family
and produced goods for a single market
2. Mammoth firms could
1. Puritans/Massachusetts Bay Colony - founding, Native American Relations
1607 by Virginia Co.
Came looking for gold and passage to the indies
Survived off of Powhatan Confederacy generosity
Indians realized english were ther
APUSH Unit 3 Review
Impact of the French & Indian War: Land division, Proclamation Line of 1763, British Acts &
1. Land division
a. Spanish got everything west of the Mississippi and French islands in the
b. British got the land east
4th Quarter Project
Obamas apology to Japan
America in the world
- In what ways and to what extent have military, diplomatic, and economic concerns
influenced U.S. involvement in international affairs and foreign conflic
3rd Quarter Project
- In what ways and to what extent have gender, class, ethnic, religious, regional, and other
group identities changed in different historical eras?
2nd Quarter Project
Work, Exchange, and Technology
- In what ways and to what extent have changes in markets, transportation, and
technology affected American society?
U7 Reading Guide
1. Identify reasons why war broke out in Europe in 1914?
In 1914, a Serbian nationalist killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand.
The domino-effect began when Austria declared war on Serbia,
which was supported by Russia, who declared
AP U.S. History
Unit 3 Reading Guide
1. Summarize the information on westward expansion. What were
the various approaches the new government adopted with the
Land was 3 cents an acre for all of the land hungry
Unit 5 Reading Questions
1. Why was the period of the late 1870s to the early 20th century
called the Gilded Age?
Well this time period looked promising and good on the
outside despite the corrupt politics and growing gap
A.P. U.S. History
Unit 2 Reading Questions
1. What events encouraged French colonization? What were the
effects of French colonization upon the Native Americans?
In France there were foreign wars, domestic strike, and
clashes between C
Unit 4 Reading Questions
1. Summarize the crisis of 1850 and the Compromise of 1850. List the
components of the Compromise. Get a mental picture stored in your brain of
the map of p. 399.
Compromise of 1850: Admitted California
U9 Reading Questions
1. Explain the policy of containment and the Truman Doctrine.
Identify the early moves to contain the Soviets.
Containment: A foreign policy developed by diplomat
George Kennan that claimed that the only wa
Unit 6 Reading Guide
1. What were the justifications for imperialism put forth by the
following supporters: Reverend Josiah Strong, Senator Henry
Cabot Lodge, Captain Alfred T. Mahan. What influence did
Mahans book have of the American fo