Weather/Storms Presentation Project
You will have this week to work on your weather projects with your partner(s) MONDAY THROUGH
THURSDAY. Project Presentations will start Monday April 27th.
FRIDAY TEST ON CHAPTER 11-14 (CLOUDS,
Chapter 1 Review
1. List the 4 main branches of Earth Science & define what each studies.
2. Define what each of the following study:
3. Define lithosphere.
An abstract is a summary or synopsis [in your own words] of an article in a journal or magazine.
Use EBSCO Host or another school database to find an article related to the environment
and/or science in general. Read it and summarize
Using your book on page 37-41 provide a description of what each is and answer the
1. Identify what each of the below terms means and what they each do.
a. REMOTE SENSING
b. LANDSAT Satellite
c. TOPEX/POSEIDON Satellite
Soil Test Lab
Directions: Using the LaMotte Soil Handbook, read through the handbook and answer the following
1. Define SOIL.
2. What are the 5 factors that are involved in the formation of natural soils?
3. What ar
1. Air can hold water. (Just like a sponge)
2. Water vapor = Water that is in the air in the form of gas
(The amount of water vapor in the air does not stay the same. If there is more
water vapor than the air can hold there is precipitat
1. Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air
2. Water in the air in the form of gas is called water vapor
3. Any form of water that falls from clouds is called precipitation
4. The amount of water vapor the air can hold depends on
Atmosphere Review Sheet
What is conduction? movement of heat through solids
Example: paper clips on copper pipe
What is convection? movement of heat through liquids and gases
Example: water in convection tube moving around (colored water)
water boiling no
Water Test Review Sheet
1. On earth which is there more of: land or water?
2. The water part of the planet is called the hydrosphere
3. Name the 5 oceans on Earth. (Be able to label them on a map)
Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Southern, Artic