Individual Studies I
Use the computer to find the answers to the following questions.
1. All answers must be typed, saved on a Word Document and emailed to Mrs. Hower.
2. Use any search engine you would like (google chrome, explorer), answer th
Research Project II
Individual Studies I
You really want the newest, hottest, technological gadget for your upcoming birthday. You need
to prepare an in-depth, comprehensive argument to convince your parents why you need this new
device. The argument must
Vocabulary Review Week
Match the following words with the definitions:
_ 1. Acerbic
a. to lose water or moisture
_ 2. Belligerent
b. to approve or support
_ 3. Germicide
c. to set fire to
_ 4. Epidemic
d. the study of genes and traits
_ 5. Endorse
Reading Your Personality
1. Read over your Strenghths and Blindspots sections. Pick three points that you can use to
help you in school.
2. Read over the Career section. Choose three points that you can use.
Chapter 2: Signs, Signals and Roadway Markings
I. Traffic Signs: General Information
A. 3 Categories of signs (based on what they do):
1) Regulatory Sign:
2) Warning Sign:
3) Guide Sign:
B. Eight Basic Shapes: (shape: sign)
Chapter 7: Negotiating Intersections
Fact: The chance of having a collision is greatest at: _
because many drivers paths cross there and unexpected stops occur there.
A) Clues to identify an intersection ahead:
B) Point-of-no- re
Performing Basic Vehicle Maneuvers
A. Hand position:
D. Straightening Out:
2. Backing Up
A. Straight Line
1. Right hand:
2. Left hand:
3. Look over your:
* Never use only the:
Driving on Expressways
1) Expressway (def)A. Vehicles can enter and exit expressways at interchanges only
2) Entering an Expressway- 3 parts
1. Entrance Ramp:
2. Acceleration Lane:
3. Merging Area:
3) Lane Cho
Basic Vehicle Control
To be a safe driver, you must know the _ and _ of your vehicles
INSTRUMENTS, CONTROLS AND DEVICES
I. Instrument Panel panel directly in front of you as you sit in the drivers seat
Chp 4 & 14
The IPDE Process & Effects of Driver Condition
I. The IPDE Process
A. Risk factors attributed to driver:
B. Risk factors attributed to vehicle:
C. Risk factors attributed to road and environment:
D. IPDE process
1. What 3 items must a driver have with them at all times when they drive a vehicle in
2. What type of auto insurance is mandatory in order to register a vehicle in New
3. What requirements must an individual meet to
1. The minimum passing grade for a written test is?
2. If you fail a written test at MVC or a driving school certified to administer the written
test, you must wait how long before you can retest?
3. A driver who is not yet 21 years of
1. Investigations have determined that a common cause of fatal and other types of
2. If you need to make safe or emergency stops, it is important to keep _ from
3. Unless otherwise marked, th
1. A driver is considered under the influence if what is impaired?
2. Alcohol impairs reactions/coordination/balance after _, _, or _
3. A simple breath test is the only scientific way to test to drivers?
4. What four factors go
1. Driver error is a contributing factor for drivers involved in?
2. List the key components to the MVCs standard collision-prevention formula.
3. Emotions affect a persons driving. What are some things that drivers can do to help
1. When does a blind person have the right of way to cross a street or highway?
2. When making a right on red, motorists must do what for bicyclists, skateboarders or
3. When sharing the road with large trucks, what m
CHAPTER 1 REVIEW QUESTIONS
License or valid permit, vehicle registration and proof of insurance.
21 years of age, 3 years driving experience, and a New Jersey Driver License.
7 days (1 week)
14 days (2 weeks)
STATE TEST REVIEW QUESTIONS: (ANSWERS)
1. Operating a vehicle on public or private property to avoid a traffic control signal
or sign, a driver will receive(fine, suspension and moving violation):
a. 2 point moving violation
2. If your vehicle tires drift
State Test Review
1. What are the requirements of a supervising driver? (3)
2. What requirements must you meet to obtain a probationary license?
3. What requirements must you meet to obtain a special learners permit?
4. What are the restrictions