1. What is social disorganization theory?
The social disorganization theory argues that crime is related to social conflicts, social changes, and a
lack of consensus in a group.
2. What are three of the different adaptations that Merton
What is Crime?
o Crime is human actions that violate the formalized laws of a country, state, or city or
What are three different types of norms? Give an example of each.
What are sur
1. What are two of the different legal categories of homicide? Discuss each type and provide an
example of a homicide that would fall under the category.
First degree murder is when a person planned on killing an individual and then actu
Norms Standards of behavior.
Folkways- Everyday ways or customs of doing things.
Mores- Norms that have an underlying shared assumption of
approval or disapproval.
Laws- Formal norms.
Crime- Human actions that violate the forma
-The four different body stereotypes are:
1. Endomorphs- Individuals who are soft and round, with large digestive systems. Have big
stomachs and are overweight.
2. Mesomorphs- Individuals who are muscular and athletic. Have large bone st
Online Cyber Crime
1. How much money was lost to internet thievery? Is this number accurate?
Half a billion was lost to internet thievery, it is not accurate because most banks would not say how
much they lost because they didnt want to admit they had fla
Exploring the Mind of a Killer
1. What factors does Fallon suggest create psychopathic killers?
Fallon suggested that genes, environment, brain damage, and when all of those
factors occurred because it is a very precise process to make a psychopathic kill