[YOUR NAME HERE]
You have until Monday, Oct. 27th to complete and return
this exam. To make it easier, just submit it via D2L.
1. Socrates views his imminent death how?
a. As something unknown, but preferable for that reason to the known dangers o
Ways of Knowing
April 21st, 2015
Mill on Utilitarianism and Kant on Consequentialism
It is more than a question of right and wrong but rather a choice between moral duty and
the usefulness of an action. When determining an action,
Know Chapters 3 & 4 information and notes you took
during lectures really well.
Pay close attention to the FITT Principle
Be familiar with SMART goal information
Know ABCs of behavior change
Know the stages of exercise prescri
Chapter 3Exercise Prescription
EXSS 1000 Spring 2014
Purpose: Understand the components of a safe and effective aerobic exercise prescription. Learn how to monitor
exercise intensity with heart rate and RPE.
1. What are two ways to mo
Final Exam Review
the science of processes related to the composition,
structure, and history of earth and its life.
Environmental geology: Applied geology
To better understand environmental problems
Geologic knowledge for problem solving
Philosophy of Human Nature
Exam #2 review
What we have read:
Be familiar with the content of each section below AND more specifically the arguments we
analyzed from them in class.
Chapter 15 #2-5
Correct. You answered: a. a science of human nature along Newtonian lines will be a strong
defense against superstition.
David Hume, prince of empiricists, thinks that
The correct answer was: a. a science of human nature along Newtonian li
Compare and contrast Hume and Kants views on causality. Do you think Kant provides a satisfactory
solution to Humes skepticism?
Is knowledge possible? What is it? Compare and contrast the views of two thinkers we have covered
Questions from Chapter 15.
1. Briefly, what are Dansgaard-Oeschger events?
Oscillations in various properties (i.e. Dust del O18)
recorded in Greenland ice at intervals of 2,000 and 7,000 years
during glacial intervals.
2. What are Heinrich events?
Global Media Systems
Definition- network of mass media outlets in a national context
3 forms1. Polarized Pluralist Model- France train incident; French/American relationship
2. Democratic Corp. Model- Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germ
CHAPTER 5: OVERWEIGHT &
Lifetime Physical Activity & Fitness Program
Grace Anne Edwards
Define overweight and obesity
Introduce students to the various ways of
evaluating ones weight-related health risk.
Chapter 1 Notes
The Global Village
Globalization has transformed the world to the new
This is a term coined by Canadian theorist, Marshall
McLuhan. McLuhan is considered the father of
communication and media studies.
The Global Vi
Kennesaw State University
August 17, 2015 December 14, 2015
School of Communication and Media
Global Media Systems
Course Number 82132
COM 3326 02
Days and Location:
Monday/Wednesday 5:00 pm to 6:15pm
Social Science Building Room 3023
Exam I Essay
This will be your only essay assignment for this course throughout the semester (youre
welcome!). It constitutes 60% of your overall grade for exam I. The other 40% will come from
your multiple-choice and short answer section, found on D2L un
Multiple Choice and Short Answer
This is the multiple choice and short answer portion of the first exam. Please fill out or write/type brief
answers accordingly. This section is worth 40% of the total grade for the first exam. The other 60
[YOUR NAME HERE]
40 questions worth 2.5 points each
Please mark and type your answers on a computer, print the filled exam out, and turn it in on
Wednesday, Nov. 4th. I will accept electronic submissions until 11:59pm of Wednesday, Nov. 4 th, but
Cartesian methodological skepticism
Cogito ergo sum (I think, therefore I am)
Clear and distinct ideas
Arguments for the existence of God
The idea of perfection
Impressions and Ideas force and vivacity
Correct. You answered: b. to reveal the a priori conditions of knowledge.
The aim of Kant's critique of reason is
The correct answer was: b. to reveal the a priori conditions of knowledge.
Correct. You answered: a. suggests that objects do not exist indep