Physics 2211 007 008 _ ,
Test # 5 Spring 2015 Name k 9 4
Write your name in the blank above. For all multiple choice items write the letter corresponding to your answer in the answer blank.
On problems 5, 8, and 12 write your answer (including any appropr
Homework Assignment #23
1. A mass of 135 g of an element is known to contain 30.1 x 1023 atoms. What is the
element? (ANS: Al)
2. The artificial sweetener NutraSweet is a chemical called aspartame (C14H18N2O5).
What is (a) its m
Homework Assignment #7
1. An 81 kg baseball player slides into second base. The coefficient of kinetic friction
between the player and the ground is 0.49. (a) What is the magnitude of the frictional
force? (b) If the player come
Homework Assignment #20
1. Only a small part of an iceberg protrudes above the water, while the bulk lies below
the surface. The density of ice is 917 kg/m3 and that of seawater is 1025 kg/m3. Find
the percentage of the iceberg'
Homework Assignment #19
1. A spring has a spring constant of 248 N/m. Find the magnitude of the force needed
(a) to stretch the spring by 3.00 X 10-2 m from its unrestrained length and (b) to
compress the spring by the same amou