Latin America: Development & Democracy Test Prep Part 1
1. caudillos: strongmen on horseback that took power by force and ruled with
2. The Washington Consensus: Liberalizing trade, encouraging foreign direct
investment and the privatizat
Latin America: Chile & Argentina Test Prep Part 3
1. Salvador Allende: Socialist President of Chile
2. Augusto Pinochet: Military leader of Chile who forged an army against
3. Marches of the pots: Conservative women of Chile who were opp
Latin America: Development & Democracy Test Prep Part 2
1. Portuguese: Language spoken in Brazil.
2. Greater Colombia: Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru
3. Great Britain: most foreign investment in Latin America came from Great
Britain between 1880-1920.