1. Book musicals aka musical plays, are shows based off literature that have
definitive beginnings, middles, and ends. Minstrelsy is where actors portray
characters of a different race. Pantomime is silent theatrical performances.
Ballet is classical danc
1. I chose the Japanese form of theater called Noh. Noh is a ancient form of
Japanese musical theater that can be traced back to the early 14 th century.
Certain aspects of this type of theater include: intricate masks, indoor
theaters with secondary buil
An old man planted a turnip. The turnip grew to be enormous. The old man
started to pull the turnip out of the ground. He pulled and pulled, but couldn't pull
it out. So he called the old woman over.
The old woman took hold of the old man, the
1. All designers share certain aspects of the design process including: Picking
a time and place; choosing a setting that reflects the characters
lives, circumstances, and relationships; the creation of mood and
atmosphere appropriate to the production; a
1. Playwright means someone who creates/builds plays. The word wright
originates from shipwright, or someone who builds ships. A playwright is a
visionary, architect, instigator, cartographer etc.
2. One element is plot, or the spine of the play. Plot ana
1. Acting is doing, showing the sum of their actions. Their tools are their body,
voice, and mind/imagination.
2. Theater originated in Russia, and was founded by Konstantin Stanislavsky. It
was cultivated in the Moscow Art Theater, where The System was
1. In the musical, A Man of No Importance, the setting is depicted in a quaint
Irish town called Dublin, taking place sometime in the 1960s. I was able to
pick up on this from the accents used, and the costumes the actors were
wearing. The opening scene a
1. The director is the captain of the play/performance, he is responsible for all
aspects and while preparing he is known as the spectators eye. His main
roles are: Interpreting the script, working with the design team to develop a
vision, and props and s
This is the day in which our groups were assembled. Everyone was there except for Peter and
Caleb. On this day we mostly just read the story from the website provided and then determined
who was doing what in terms of costume design,
1. One of my favorite stories from the play, Albatross, was one of the opening
stories. The Mariner narrated this story, and he introduces the tragedy of his
dying son, and imitates and describes his alcoholic wife. One of my favorite
parts about this pla
Part 1: concept
A.) After examining, scene 1, act 1 in Romeo and Juliet It becomes clear that there is a
central theme in the act. The video reveals that the theme is masculine honor. The
director portrays this during the
Required Event 1
1.(a) The Performance I attended was called Carapace located at Venkmans on January 26, 2016
at 7:30-9:00 p.m.
2. (a) A specific moment that was particularly powerful to me was when one of the storytellers
March 26, 2016
Spring Awakening Analysis
The play Spring Awakening is a rock musical that tells the story of teenagers discovering
their inner sexuality. In my summary today I will provide a comparison to previ
Extra credit paper 1
Part 1: Event Info
The name of the play I attended was called Sotto Voce.
The name of the theatre I attended was called the Aurora Theatre.
The author of this play was Nilo Cruz.
A.) Justin Ander
The Secrets of Sugar worksheet
Answer the following questions based on the information in the video. Be sure to answer each
question fully. This is due in class on Monday, March 14.
1. How many teaspoons of sugar does the average Canadian consume?
The movie CRASH was a very good movie. I t was informative and made me open my eyes
and realize my own stereotypes that I have about other people and races. I t showed me
t hat in some cases, people in a community are all connected somehow to one an
good person of szechwan review for theatre class
I walked in the Stillwell Theatre on Tuesday to watch the Good Person of Szechwan. The crowd was
pretty big and everyone that I spoke to were excited to see this play. There werent too many
decoration and p