Catcher in the Rye Essay Topics
Directions: Choose one topic. The essay will be a minimum of 5 paragraphs with at least two quotes from
the novel per body paragraph for support. You should write your heading, page numbers, and citations in
Using the following example as a guide, review Their Eyes Were Watching God through
the symbols in the novel. A symbol in literature is a concrete thing, person or image
that stands for an abstract idea. As you analyze symbols, you must explain what
A. Grabber/Hook/Interesting RELEVANT opening
B. Book Information
1. In the novel, [Title of Book]
2. By [Author]
C. Thesis Statement
1. Body Paragraph topic 1
2. Body Paragraph topic 2
3. Body Paragraph topic 3
II. Body Para
Study Guide for Fahrenheit 451: The Sieve and the Sand
III. QUESTIONS: Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
Pg. 71 73
1. Montag and Mildred think someone is at the door. Why doesnt the door-voice tell
them if someone is there?
Study Guide for Fahrenheit 451: Burning Bright
III. QUESTIONS: Answer the following questions.
Pgs. 113 115
1. What hint does Captain Beatty say he sent to Montag that he must not have picked up
2. What does Mildred have in her hand when she wal
Of Mice and Men Socratic Seminar Questions
1. What is the meaning of the novellas title? Relate to poem the book is based on
(To a Mouse by Robert Burns)
2. Why does the book begin and end at the pond? Why does Steinbeck set the death
of Lennie in the sam
English 11: American Literature Final Exam Review Sheet 2012 - 2013
Below is a list of terms that you need to know for the final exam.
Authors purpose, theme, speaker, irony, tone, main point, persuasive techniques, point of view, characte
Their Eyes Were Watching God Guided ReadingComplete this guide to help you as we read the novel. It can be collected and graded on any day reading is due. It
is your responsibility to keep it up to date!
1. How does Pheobys moral code differ fro
Edgar Allan Poe
Brief overview of life:
Born January 19, 1809 as Edgar Poe in Boston, Massachusetts.
Orphaned young and informally adopted by John and Frances Allan
of Richmond, Virginia.
Attended University of Virginia for one semester but left due to
A Rose for Emily
by William Faulkner
WHEN Miss Emily Grierson died, our whole town went to her funeral: the men through a
sort of respectful affection for a fallen monument, the women mostly out of curiosity to
see the inside of her house, which no one
RESEARCH PAPER PARAMETERS:
- A research paper NEEDS primary and secondary sources.
- A research paper NEEDS a works cited and in text citations.
- A research paper is NOT just an informed summary of a topic.
- A successful research paper SHOULD inform the
Studying Social Construction in Media
Your task: View ONE show over the course of a week while applying a different lens everyday. A lens will help
you spot patterns in the social values in our media and help us see what shapes our social ideals. Record y
Study Guide for English 10 Academic Final 2013
The multiple choice section of the final exam will cover recent novels, grammar,
and new reading passages.
Understand the following elements in Fahreheit 451.
quests (internal and extern