Gravimetric analysis of an unknown carbonate:
( LAB Partners, Salt letter A 0r B
Procedure: ( 7-8 lines)
Value Mass (g)
Mass of crucible
Mass of crucible + Unknown carbonate (after heating 1 st ti
Assignment (Nuclear Chemistry I)
Understand the concept as you answer the questions.
Define each of the following emissions with an example?
a. Alpha Decay, Beta Decay, Positron, Electron Capture:
How does Mass Defect, Binding Energy and (n/p) a
Oxidation Reduction reactions
1. The nickel- cadmium (nicad) battery, a rechargeable dry Cell used in battery operated
devices, uses the following redox reaction to generate electricity:
Cd(s) + NiO2(s) + H2O(l) Cd(OH)2(s) + Ni(OH)2 (s)
Identify the su
1. AgI(s) Ksp = 1.5 x 10-16
CuI (s) Ksp = 5.0 x 10-12
CaSO4(s) Ksp = 6.1 x 10-5 which one is more soluble? Explain
2. CuS(s) Ksp = 8.5 x 10-45 , Ag2S(s) Ksp= 1.6 x 10-49 , Bi2S3 (s) Ksp = 1.1 x 10-73
Which one is more soluble? Explain
Solubility product constant
100 ml of 0.2M lead(II) chloride and 20 ml of 0.5M potassium Chromate solutions.
Procedure : ( 6-7 lines)
Principle of solubility product: Explain taking any example.
1. Write the balan
Heading name, date, period, lab group
( modified by R B )
Chemistry: Specific Heat of a Metal Lab
Actual Specific Heats
100-mL graduated cylinder
1 stirring rod
AP Chemistry Thermo chemistry Worksheet
1.Calculate E for a system undergoing an endothermic process in which 15.6 kJ of heat flows
and where 1.4 kJ of work is done on the system? ( 17.0 kJ)
2.Calculate the work associated with the expansion of a gas f
Lab report: Acid-Base Titration
HCl Volumetric flask letter:
PROCEDURE: (Maximum 10 lines)
DATA TABLES & CALCULATIONS:
List ALL data like mass of KHP etc.
For mass measurements, include mass before and a
Ap Lab: Molecular weight of a volatile liquid
3. Procedure: ( max 8 lines)
4. Data table.
Given the barometric pressure 29.88inch, calculate the molecular mass of the unknown
CALCULATIONS AND QUESTIONS: (
Limiting Reagent Lab
3. Procedure: 4 -5 lines ( Based on your understanding)
4. Any data or measurements:
a. Conclusion Discuss possibilities for error
Answer these questions as
Boiling points of solution.
1. Define Molarity and molality? State the units for each.
2. What is the molality of a solution if 0.0300 moles of nonionizing solute dissolve in
15.0ml of water?
3. What is the concentration of
Due ( will be announced in class) R B
1. Explain the working principles of the following batteries. Mention substance used as
anode and cathode. Mention the reactions taking place at anode and cathode for each.
a. Lead storage
1. For the system
CO2 (g) + H2 (g) CO (g) + H2O (g)
Keq is 0.45 at 700 k. suppose we start with CO2 and H2. Both at a concentration of
0.800 mol/ L. When the system reaches equilibrium, what are the concentrations of
products and reac
Flame test lab:
4. Procedure: 5 to 6 lines
5. Data table:
(NOTE: You can leave the column four blank, if cobalt glass was not used during the
Food Calories lab
1. Purpose: To determine the energy content in two different sources of food.
3. Procedure: ( 6 -7 lines)
4. Data table for different trials ( two substances)
a. Calculate the amount of heat absorbed by the wa
Gas Laws III
1. If 3.00 g of Sulfur Hexafluoride gas is introduced into an evacuated 5.00 L container at
920C, what is the pressure in atmospheres in the container? (0.123 atm)
2. A sample of Xenon tetrafluoride is collected in a flask with a volume of 22
Gravimetric analysis of a chloride salt
Purpose: To use one of the common methods in analytical chemistry to find the amount of
chloride in an unknown sample.
Materials: 250ml & 100 ml beakers, wash bottle, filter paper( weight the paper before use), 0.12
Lab: Hydrated lab format
3. Procedure: 5 to 6 lines
4. Data collection:
5. Answer the questions:
a. What is a hydrate? An anhydrate?
b. Why do you think it is necessary to heat the evaporating dish/be
(If you want to complete buffer problems go ahead these are similar to Other problems
you did using the dislocation constants)
Acids& Bases Buffer , titrations, salt hydrolysis
Chapter 17 R B
1. Calculate [H ] and % dissociation of HF in a solution cont