1. How did changes in class identity and gender roles
relate to economic, social and cultural changes in the
2. How and why did the role of the federal government in
regulating the economy change during the
The Great Depression
The Stock Market Crash
Few Bank lending regulations
Consumers took high interest loans
Rising stock market
High interest loans
How did debates over political values (democracy,
freedom) and the extension of American ideals
contribute to Americas role in WWII?
What impact did WWII have on Americas role in
What actions are justifiable in war?
1. How have debates over economic values and the role of
government in the U.S. economy affected politics,
society, the economy and the environment?
2. How did changes in markets, transportation and
technology affect American society?
1. How did American political values (democracy, freedom,
etc), transportation and the integration of the US
economy into world markets influence US entrance in
2. How did US involvement in global conflicts lead to
Ailing Agriculture and Booming Business
Government and European nations stopped buying crops
Farmers are unable to pay off loans
Overproduction- Lower Prices- Surplus
Crops rot and go to waste
Take out more loans
From 1919 to 1921, farm income
1. How have changes in markets, transportation and
technology affected American society and American
2. How have events in Noth America and the United States
related to developments in the rest of the world?
3. How have diff