Unit 2 Text Questions
16 September 2016
1. What are the two main reasons that psychologists do research?
They do research to gain knowledge and find better ways to help people.
2. Why is an experiment called a control study?
Unit 3 Text Questions
1. What are identical twins? What explains any differences they may develop?
Identical twins develop from the same fertilized egg. They have the same genetic material,
so any differences between them are d
1. Describe what happens in the nervous system when you duck your head to avoid an
object flying toward it.
As the object comes toward you, you see it and nerves carry the information from
your eyes and into your brain. Then your brain
Unit 2 Lab Questions
1. What are the four phases in doing research? Describe each phase.
- There is the discovery phase, where observations and general knowledge lead to a new
hypothesis, then there is the phase where data i
Mrs. Poklemba - Aiken Virtual School
Psychology (Fall- Part 1)
27 August 2016
1. What is Eliza and how does it work?
- Eliza is a computer generated physhcotherapist. It simulates intelligence by asking you
questions about yoursel
Unit 4 Text Questions
1. Describe the role of hormones in puberty.
*Hormones trigger the start of puberty and help an individual to develop into an adult.
2. What is the basis of moral decisions for teens in Kohlbergs conventiona
Unit 5 Lab Questions
1. How many Americans may have early onset of Alzheimer's disease?
It is estimated that 250 thousand to 500 thousand Americans have early onset
2. How many Americans suffer from all forms of the disease?
5.1 million Am
Life Span Development
1. What are the three "domains" that affect development? Describe each of the domains.
- There is the Biological domain which includes bodily changes, maturation, and growth. Then
there is the Cognitive domain which includes mental p
Unit 4 Lab Questions
Parenting Styles Interpretation
1. How would you characterize the style of parenting under which you were
raised? Was the same style used by both of your parents?
I would say that I was raised under the authoritative style of parent
Unit 5 Text Questions
1. What is Eriksons psychosocial task of late adulthood? What problem results if
this task is not accomplished?
The task is for adults in this age group to make sure that they are interacting
with others and