Biome Brochure Project
You will form a travel agency that will produce a brochure for the biome that you pick. The
biomes that you will be able to choose are: Tundra, Taiga, Temperate Forest, Desert, Tropical
Rainforest, Temperate Grasslands, Savanna, Fre
Extinction and Biodiversity Loss
Biodiversity at Risk
1. Is extinction a natural process? Explain.
2. Compare and contrast extinction with extirpation.
3. How does the background rate of extinction differ from mass extinctions?
4. Which type of species is
As you read the lesson, complete the main ideas and details chart.
Types of water
Types of Water Pollution
What Is a Biome?
1. What is similar about the ecosystems that make up a biome?
2. What biomes are found in southern Africa?
3. Identify and describe one of the ecosystems in a southern African biome.
4. Which abiotic conditions exert the greatest influenc
Summer Assignment Part 1: Flying and Dying
Thomas C. Fosters fifteenth chapter, Flights of Fancy, explains the significance of what
flying may symbolize in a novel. Foster claims that most often in a piece, as simple as it seems,
Plant Inquiry Observation Lab
As a group, we asked the question, Which fertilizer will produce the most growth out of
The Mung bean plants? We believe that if the worm fertilizer is added to the regular watering, than the
plant will g
Describing Aquatic Ecosystems
1. Identify three factors that characterize aquatic systems.
2. Explain why a freshwater fish cannot survive in salt water.
3. Give one reason why there tends to be more organisms in the photic zone than in the
Land Cover and Land Use
For Questions 14, circle the letter of the correct answer.
1. The vast grasslands that once covered the middle of North America have mainly been
A. forest land.
B. urban areas.
C. parks and preserves.
Minerals and Rocks
What Are Minerals?
For Questions 15, write True if the statement is true. If the statement is false, replace
the underline word or words to make it true. Write your changes on the line.
1. Geologists have so far identified about 1000 mi
Our Dynamic Climate
Energy From the Sun
Fill in the diagram with three factors that influence the
heating of Earths atmosphere by the sun.
2. What would happen if Earth did not have an atmosphere?
3. What are the two major greenhouse gases?
4. How do g
Our Planet of Life
Fill in the diagram with terms from the word bank to show how these
three levels of biodiversity are related. Then, write a caption for the diagram on the lines
2. Place the following taxonomi
Name _Chad Gibbon _ Period_3_
Ecological Footprint Lab
Type your answers into this document and email them to Ms. Mattair ([email protected] ) before
12am Monday night (you can also print and write your answers in but youll have to modify the spacing