Objective: Create an authentic research project on one of the 50 states.
You will be given one state to research and create a box about. Your box must tell
the story of your state.
Part 1: Outside of the Box (25 points)
Cover your box with paper and decor
Part 1: Defining
First, you must have a definition of developing and developed countries. Use your textbooks glossary to define
these two terms.
Part 2: Contrasting
Next, use your textbook to complete the chart below
Introduction to North America
Use the maps and graphs of your textbooks to answer the following questions.
Using the Political and Physical Maps on pgs. 140-141:
1. Which US states share a border with Mexico?
2. Compare the political and the physical maps
Name: _ Date: _ Block: _
Option 2: Amazon Rain Forest Newspaper
Objective: Create the front page of a fictional newspaper dedicated to the Amazon Rain Forest.
Task: After learning about rain forest in class, conduct research on the internet to generate th
1. All the features of a peoples way of life is called _.
2. How is culture passed down from generation to generation?
3. What is a culture region?
4. How does culture change?
5. When an individual adopts the traits of another culture, it is known as
For the Latin America Unit 3 Project, you may choose between making a poster that
advertizes & gives details about one Latin American country of your choice, OR creating a
poster sized front page newspaper about the Amazon Rain Forest.*
Option 1: Latin Am
What to study for the Intro to Geography Quiz
The 6 Elements of Geography
Cartography & meteorology
Prime Meridian (where it is located, its degree)
Equator (where it is located, its d
Part 1: Comparing Other Cultures.
Directions: Select two of the cultures that you just read about. Using the venn diagram below, compare and
contrast these two cultures. Write their differences in the two outer most circles, and write any similarities in
1. What explains how forces within the planet create landforms?
2. _ is the heat of the Earths interior.
3. Most non-renewable resources are sources of _.
4. Where are most plate boundaries found?
Part 3: Short Answer
Be able to answer the following quest
Chapter 9 Canada Test Study Guide
1. BE ABLE TO LOCATE ALL TERRITORIES AND PROVINCES.
2. Most people in Canada live along the _ border.
3. What is a province, AND how many are located in Canada?
a. What is a province most similar to?
4. What is a territor
The Cover Letter Assignment
Read the information that follows regarding the cover letter. You must submit
one cover letter to your teacher to be assessed. Use the following format and
refer to the attached marking scheme when developing y