1. Explain how each of these three groups influenced the Roman Empire:
2. Identify the following chief officers of the Roman Republic:
3. As Rome expanded, it changed its laws to be universal and
1. What was Charlemagne crowned in the year 800?
a. What did this event symbolize?
2. Who was the first Germanic leader to convert to Christianity?
3. What is a feudal contract?
4. What did the signing of the Magna Carta do or ensure?
5. Define feudalism.
1. What are the causes and symptoms of the Black Death? Give AT LEAST 2 Medieval Causes and 2
symptoms of the Black Death, and explain how it could have been prevented.
2. Why was torture used in the Middle Ages? Give details about at least one method of
The Greek Dark Age
Most people, and civilizations, experience a low period during their existence. The ancient
Greeks are no exception. Use pages 112-113 of your textbooks to complete the information
1. What happened during the period after the fal
Define the following vocabulary terms.
1. Crusades: _
2. Fief: _
3. Missionary: _
5. Infidel: _
Part 2: Use your notes and/or your textbooks to fill in the blanks and/or answer the
Define the following terms:
5. What are the 6 steps to naturalization?
6. Why do aliens come to the United States?
7. What is the one way that you would
After reading the article, answer the following questions about Charlemagne, Charles the
Answer the questions in COMPLETE SENTENCES.
1. Do you think Charlemagne is an excessive and indulgent man? Give at least 2 examples
to support your answer.
10. New Testament:
Be able to answer the following questions using at least 3-5 sentences.