Thursday, August 21, 2008
Points: Points are name by using capital letters.
Example: Point D or Point E
The diagram above represents a line. Lines are made up of points and are straight. The arrow at
the end of the figure show that
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Theorem 50: The sum of the measures of the three angles of a
triangle is 180
Prove: mBAC + m B + mC = 180
Definition: An Exterior angle of a polygon is an angle that is
adjacent to and
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Definition: The point of intersection of a line and a plane is
called the foot of the line.
Postulate: Three noncollinear points determine a plane.
Theorem 45: A line and a point not on the line determine a
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Indirect proof procedure.
1. List the possibilities for the conclusion.
2. Assume the negation of the desired conclusion is correct.
3. Write a chain of reasons until you reach an impossibility.
This will be a c
Monday, October 20, 2008
x x y y2
Midpo int 1 2 , 1
Find the coordinates of the midpoint.
Example 2: M is the midpoint of segment AB. Find the
coordinates of point B.
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
1. Congruent triangle: all pairs of corresponding parts are congruent.
2. Congruent Polygons: all pairs of corresponding parts are congruent.
Postulate: Any segment or angle is congruent to itself
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Definition: If two lines are perpendicular, then they form right
Given : AB
Pr ove : B
B is a right angle
C is a right angle
Monday, February 23, 2009
1. A circle is the set of points in a plane that are a given distance
from a given point in the plane. The given point is the center of
the circle, and the given distance is the radius.
9.1 and 9.2
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Introduction to circles
C=D or C=2r
1. An arc is made up of two points on a circle and all the points
of the circle needed to connect those points by a single
arc CD or CD M
Monday, December 15, 2008
1. A ratio is a quotient of two numbers.
2. A proportion is an equation stating that two or more ratios are
a:b = c:d
A to b = c to d
A is called the first term
B is called the se