Chapter 7: Photosynthesis, Light, and Life
1. Photosynthesis: A Historical Perspective; p. 116; easy; ans: e Who provided the first experimental evidence that soil alone does not nourish the plant? a. b. c. d. e. 2. Jan Ingenhous
Chapter 4: The Movement of Substances into and out of Cells
1. Principles of Water Movement; p. 72; easy; ans: e Water potential is defined as the: a. b. c. d. e. 2. tendency of water to enter a cell. tendency of water to leave a
Chapter 3: The Plant Cell and the Cell Cycle
1. Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes; p. 37; easy; ans: a Eukaryotic cells differ from prokaryotic cells in that eukaryotic cells have: a. b. c. d. e. 2. a nucleus. a cytoplasm. a plasma memb
Names: Marsha Taylor, Jason Jeffries, and Robert Serpas Prelab Assignment SDS-PAGE Background Preparation 1. Either provide the MW of the yeast cyt. c (if you isolated this) or an estimated MW for the deer heart cyt c. What animal did you estimate the cyt
Student Exploration: Food Chain
Vocabulary: consumer, ecosystem, equilibrium, food chain, population, predator, prey, producer
Prior Knowledge Questions (Do these BEFORE using the Gizmo.)
The Food Chain Gizmo shows a food chain with hawks,
Skoog/West/Holler/Crouch Principles of Instrumental Analysis 6th ed.
APPENDIX 1 PROBLEM SOLUTIONS
a1-1 For A,
xi 61.45 61.53 61.32 x1 = 184.30 (a)
x = 184.30/3 = 61.43; there are 3 degrees of freedom for the mean since three
data points are use
Chapter 10: Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant Biotechnology, and Genomics
1. Introduction; p. 180; easy; ans: d Selective breeding programs: a. b. c. d. e. 2. involve inserting a plasmid into a host cell. involve infecting a host
Chapter 9: The Chemistry of Heredity and Gene Expression
1. Introduction; p. 163; moderate; ans: c The genetic material is composed chemically of: a. b. c. d. e. 2. chromosomes. protein only. deoxyribonucleic acid only. ribonucle
Chapter 8: Sexual Reproduction and Heredity
1. Sexual Reproduction; pp. 141142; moderate; ans: a Which of the following statements about sexual reproduction is FALSE? a. b. c. d. e. 2. It is the principal mode of reproduction in
Chapter 6: Respiration
1. An Overview of Glucose Oxidation; p. 102; easy; ans: e Which of the following statements about the reactions of glucose oxidation is FALSE? a. b. c. d. e. 2. The glucose molecule is split apart. Hydrogen
Chapter 5: The Flow of Energy
1. Introduction; p. 89; easy; ans: e Of the total solar energy that reaches the Earth, _ percent is captured by the cells of photosynthetic organisms. a. b. c. d. e. 2. about 50 about 20 about 10 abo
Chapter 2: The Molecular Composition of Plant Cells
1. Introduction; p. 15; easy; ans: e Which substance makes up more than half of all living matter and more than 90 percent of the weight of most plant tissues? a. b. c. d. e. 2.
Chapter 1: Botany: An Introduction
1. Introduction; p. 1; easy; ans: c The process of photosynthesis results in the formation of two substances essential to our existence: a. b. c. d. e. 2. chlorophyll and water. electrons and pr
Pre-Lab Questions Marsha Taylor September 26, 2010 1. Define retention time. Retention time is the time it takes for an analyte to pass
through the system of a chromatograph and show a peak at the detector (from the column inlet to the detector).
The Isolation and Purification of Cytochrome C from a Deer Heart By Marsha R. Taylor
Biochemistry Laboratory Dr. Laura Frost
Georgia Southern University Statesboro, GA October 18, 2010
The cytochrome c protein has been isolated from deer heart by
Alper, Lauren. "The Case for Raising the Minimum Wage." University Wire. 18 Nov. 2015: n/a.
SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 28 Mar. 2016.
Conlin, Michelle, and Aaron Bernstein. "The Working Poor Are Not Getting By in America."
Poverty. Ed. Viqi W