1. Draw the ERDs for the 6 tables seen in Figure 5.16 on page 130 of the text
2. Show the relational connectors between tables including modality and
cardinality (10 points)
3. Create the 6 tables as shown in Figure 5.16 on page 130 making
Page 154 Question 9
The restrict delete rule works such that if you attempt to delete a record on the oneside of a one to many relationship, it will not work if there are any matching foreign
key values on the many-side. You will simply not be allowed to
1. Name the four basic operations on stored data. In what important way is
one in particular different from the other three?
There are four operations which can be performed on stored data. Per our textbook,
these four are retrieve, insert, delete, and up
a. Identify the candidate keys of each relation.
Ship: ship number; ship name. Cruise: cruise number. Port: port name & country.
Visit: cruise number & port name. Passenger: passenger number; social security
number. Voyage: passenger number & cr
1. What did Jacquards textile weaving device have to do with the
development of data?
Joseph Jacquard invented a textile weaving device which worked based on a series
of cards with holes punched in them. These cards allowed strands of material to be
What query would allow you to find all customer employee names whose third letter
Using a join: What is the salespersons name for each salesperson that sold a unit of
(On the chance that you mistyped the unit number 21403, and intended the ac
What are the names of the customers serviced by the salesperson with salesperson
What is the average price per unit of all products?
Which product numbers has salesperson 186 sold more than 2000 units of?
How much does a drill cost?
How many u