1. Ethics and Society Describe the reasons for the rising concern over business ethics.
Describe the reasons for the rising concern over business ethics.
Business ethics responds to a decline in public education and the family structure as a source for
1. Under what theory can an employee sue her employer for merely touching her? Explain.
Battery. It's an intentional, unconsented touching without a privilege.
2. In business the intentional infliction of mental distress tort has most often involved what
Week 2 Homework CH 02 and 03 Questions
Manufacturing cost data for Orlando Company, which uses a job order cost system, are
Indicate the missing amount for each letter. Assume that in all cases manufacturing overhead is
Along with being a good writer and communicator, employers are looking for other skills
that are important to have. Some of these skills include what is known as hard and soft
skills. Hard skills is how well one knows how to use t
30 September 2015
Chapter 6 Review
1. The revising process involves editing, proofreading, and evaluating. In this digital age, the idea of
stopping to revise a message is still very much a necessity in the enhancement
23 September 2015
Chapter 5 Review
1. The three parts of the second phase of the writing process are: (1) researching- gather
background data by searching file and the internet; (2) organizing- arrange direct
7 October 2015
Chapter 7 Review
1. Social media sites has changed communication from one-on-one conversations to one-tomany transmissions. It has also enable businesses to connect with customers and
Understand how civil rights have been used to extend
more equality to groups that historically have been
subject to discrimination.
Today's debates over inequality in America center on racial
discrimination, gender discrimination, and factors such as
The overriding reason as to why households and societies face many decisions is that resources are
The adage, there is no such thing as a free lunch, is used to illustrate the principle that people face
Efficiency means that society is
Fall 2015 Research Paper Guidelines
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you follow the guidelines given for your
research paper. I will not accept or grade research papers that do not adhere
to the following structure:
(1) All research paper submissions must be tur
BUSINESS ETHICS QUESTION
LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS BUSA 2106
Fall Semester, 2015
Please read the following ethical dilemma. Please refer to Chapter 2 in your book
and answer the questions at the end of the fact pattern:
John Smith, CEO of Dynamic Inc.
A building contract is sued by homeowners alleging that their homes were poorly constructed
resulting in several defects. The contractor adds to the lawsuit a building supplier that it claims
provided faulty support beams. How can the contracto
1) Judges and Justice
What are the essential responsibilities of a trial judge?
Determine the applicable rules of law to be used to decide the case. It renders decisions
that deal directly with people in conflict.
Why have several stat
1. Why Nations are Economically Weak or Strong?
(a) Identify several reasons put forth to explain why nations are prosperous or poor.
There are several factors that play into the prosperity or poverty of a nation. A major reason
is the availability of nat
Communicating successfully with people around the world is something that can be
achieved with practice. Many American retailers are expanding their companies to countries like
China, Japan and India. When talking to people of dif
In todays world, communication is made almost daily especially with the
communication technological advances made. That is why it is important to have
communication skills that are clear and concise. It is crucial to communicate i
4 November 2015
Chapter 10 Review
1. According to communication scholar Richard M. Perloff, persuasion is a symbolic
process in which communicators try to convince other people to change their attitude or