Unit 1 Review
1. Considering the reaction
, if the first box shows a mixture of the reactants
before the reaction occurs, draw the results of the reaction in the second box being careful to account for
the conservation of mass.
If the reaction b
Unit 5B Review
_ 1. standard temp and
_ 2. molar volume
a. the volume occupied by a mole of any gas at STP (22.4 L)
b. SI Unit used to measure amount of a substance
_ 3. representative particle c. the percent by mass of each element in a
Unit 4A Review Ionic Compounds
Match the following definitions with the correct term.
_ 1. a charged group of covalently bonded atoms
_ 2. a depiction of valence electrons around the symbol of an element
_ 3. Atoms react so as to acquire the stable
Unit 5A Test Review
_1. combustion reaction
_4. decomposition reaction
_5. balanced equation
_6. single-replacement reaction
a. a reaction in which a single compound is
broken down into simpler substances
b. an eq
Organic Chemistry and
Intermolecular Forces Review
1. Circle the UNSATURATED Carbons in the diagram below. Use the space in the box to explain how
you knew they were unsaturated.
H C C C
C C H
2. How man
Unit 4B Review
Exercise #1: Draw the Lewis dot structure for the following molecules.
Exercise #2: Name the VSEPR shape of the above compounds.
Exercise #3: Are the above molecules p
Unit 2 Review
1. How many significant figures are in the following?
a. 717 _
b. 0.150 _
c. 0.0750 _
d. 5000 _
e. 50. _
2. Put the number 0.250 into scientific notation. (Use the correct number of sig figs.) _
3. Jill measured the room to be 2.65 x
Unit 5C Review
Fill in the Blank for 1-11
1. The amount of product formed when a reaction is carried out in the laboratory is called the
2. The reactant that is not completely used up in a reaction is called the _ reagent.
3. The reactant
Unit 3 Review
Atomic Structure & Periodicity
Directions: Put the number from below into the square with the correct word. Check your answers by
adding the numbers both across and down to find
the magic number!