Review 1 MTH 192 Spring/Summer 2012
1. Sketch the region bounded by the graphs of the functions and find the area of the region.
! ! = ! ! , ! ! = ! + 2
2. Find the volume of the solid generated by revolving the region bounded by the graphs of the equatio
Review 3 MTH 192 S/S 2012
1. Determine the convergence or divergence of the sequence with the nth term:
! , ! 2
2. Determine the convergence or divergence of the following series.
! (!) !
! ! !
! !"# !
THE DISK METHOD
To ﬁnd the volume of a solid of revolution with the disk method, use one of
the following, as shOWn in Figure 7.15.
Horizontal Axis of Revolution Vertical Axis of Rea-’olution
Volume = V = I [R(x)]2 dx Volume = V = J [
Review 4 MTH 192 Fall 2012
1. Sketch the curve represented by the parametric equations (indicate the orientation of the curve), and
write the corresponding rectangular equation by eliminating the parameter.
! = ! ! , ! = ! ! + 2
2. Find !" and ! ! ,