CEM 101 - Unit 6
Mass to Moles to # Units
1. Formula Mass
average mass of 1 atom
weighted average of all isotopes as shown on the Periodic Table
used for atoms
measured in amu
sum of all atomic masses in 1 formula unit
Acids, Bases, pH, Hydrolysis and Buffers Practice
1. Metals are good conductors of electricity because
a. they have ions that move to electrodes where they lose or gain electrons
b. they have delocalized electrons that are free to move
Additional Limiting Reactant Problems
1. Consider the reaction: Mg(OH)z + 2 HCl ~ MgClz + 2 HzO.
a. If you begin a reaction with 25.0 g Mg(OH)z and 25.0 g HCI, how many grams HzO will you form? I 0. 4~
b. What is the limiting reactant? H C I
CEM 111: Solution Stoichiometry Worksheet
1. How many grams of silver chromate will precipitate when 150. mL of 0.500 M silver nitrate
are added to 100. mL of 0.400 M potassium chromate?
9, A9 N03laq) + chro4(aq) '9 A92Cr04(5) + iKNouaq) 30C 2. n
Solution Stoichiometry Worksheet #2
1. Consider the reaction: Pb(N03)2 (aq) + 2 K! (aq) > Pblz (s) + 2 KN03 (aq). Suppose you mix
100me 0.50 M Pb(N03)2 and 25.0 mL of 0.35 M Kl together. What is the concentration of
KNOg, produced? What are the concentra
CEM 111 Metathesis Practice Problems
1. Write the balanced molecular, total ionic, and net ionic reactions for the following reaction.
sure to include all charges and states of matter.
2. Complete the balanced molecular reactions below. Which reaction bel
CEM111 Significant Figures, Metric Conversions, and Dimensional Analysis
1. Determine the number of significant figures below:
a. 0.00009 L
c. 1.59 m
e. 1.20 x 10-5 mg
g. 10 cm
d. 90,000 L
f .l<.I0 L
To be covered in laboratory
Students will be able to:
1. Describe the process known as the scientific method.
2. Differentiate between observations and inferences.
3. Describe or differentiate among hypothesis, theory and law as these terms are used in sc