AP Stat- 3
November 7, 2015
ESP Investigative Task
My friend claims to have ESP, or Extrasensory Perception. Obviously, because this is a
very bold assertion, he plans to prove it to me by distributing 10 identical envelopes with each
Solving 3 Variable Equation
Step 1) eliminate the same variable from 2 different pair of equations
Step 2) Solve the remaining system of equation
Step 3) Substitute these answers back into any original equation to solve for the
-10y = -20
I. Direct Variation
Equation is also a linear function: y=kx.
As x increases, y increases. And as x decreases, y decreases.
K is the constant of variation.
Ex. If y varies directly as x and y= 30 when x= 5, find y when x=15
Ex 1 ) Rewrite in log form
Ex 2) Exponential form
If , then its common log, = 2.
Ex 3) Solve
y = 81
base need to be same
Ex 2) Simplify
Word Problem (System of three Variables)
1. 105 coins were collected on the walnut street bus Quarter, Nickel, Dime. Three
times the number of nickels is the same as twice the number of dimes. A total of
$2 was collected.
2. The sum of three numbers is 42
Word Problem (Number, Perimeter and Coin)
1. Find two numbers such that the second is 3 more than twice the first. Their sum is
2. The greater of two numbers is 7 more than the smaller. If the greater is increased
by 3 times the smaller, the result is
Word Problem (Number)
1. A number is 8 more than another. Their sum is 164. Find the numbers.
2. The difference between twice one number and a smaller number is 21. The sum of
the smaller and twice the larger is 27. Find the numbers.
Word Problem (Complem
World Problem (Motion)
1. An airplane left Philadelphia at 1PM and flew directly east at 340 mph. At 2:30, a
jet plane traveling at 595mph started east from the same airport. In how many
hours did the jet plane overtake the first plane?
2. Amy walks to th
Log Word Problem
Growth and decay
1. Suppose $500 is invested at 6% annual interest compounded twice a year. When
will the investment be worth $1000?
2. Suppose $500 is invested a
I. Common Monomial Factor (GCF) Distributive Property
Divide the common monomial out of each term
Factor the following
II. Difference of Two Square the first term is a perfect square and the last term is a
SINGAPORE Company Update Results
SINGAPORE Company Report
MITA No. 010/06/2009
MITA No. 013/06/2010
10 March 2011
Breadtalk Group Ltd
Initiate with BUY on strong growth prospects
3.3 ~ 3.4 Outline and Review
To find Relative Extrema:
There are two ways you can find relative extrema: 1) FDT and 2) SDT
First Derivate Test
1. Find the critical nurn
2. Make a chart using the critica
each interval before, between an
Applications of Polynomial Equations
I. Pythagorean Theorem
1. The length of a rectangular parking lot is 50feet longer than it is wide. Determine
the dimensions of the parking lot are the parking lot measures 250 feet diagonally.
2. The foot of an extens
Arithmetic Sequence and Series:
Arithmetic Sequence: a sequence whose successive terms different by the same
Ex) find 10th term of an arithmetic sequence, if t3=-5, t6=16.
Arithmetic senses: su