Triangles in Trigonometry Practice
1. For each triangle, label the hypotenuse, the opposite, and the adjacent sides
relative to the marked angle.
2. Write the ratio comparing the length of the opposite
Triangles & Trigonometry
Trigonometry means triangle measurement. It is used to calculate lengths of sides
and measures of angles in triangles.
* This whole unit deals with Right Angle Triangles only! *
Right Triangle Termi
Pythagoras was a Greek Mathematician born in 569 B.C.
who studied math, music, and astronomy.
Pythagoras was the first to prove that the square of
the hypotenuse is the sum of the squared sides.
Today this is called Pythagoras th
Pythagorean Theorem Practice
1. Determine each unknown length. Where necessary, give the answers to 1 decimal
For these next questions, draw a picture to represent the situation.
2. Samantha walks home from school by
The Pythagorean Theorem and Ladders
1. You're locked out of your house and the only open window is on the second
floor, 25 feet above the ground. You need to borrow a ladder from one of your
neighbors. There's a bush along the edge of the house, so you'll
Determan [i'lc height oi mt
3. How fax is 11 across the mm"?
4 How high is the support x for
the conveyor',j The dlagram Is not
drawn to scale
5. To nd the distance AB across
a pond, surveyors measured the
dismnces shown Usc thes
Trigonometry Problem Solving Practice
1. A hiker is 500 m from the
base of a radio tower. The
angle of elevation to the top
of the tower is 20. Find the
height of the tower if the
hiker is 1.6 m tall.
1.8.2: Review Relay
1. Only the shadow knowsand you
6. Map reading ALTERNATE
Problem: On a scale drawing of a
Problem: A 12-m tree casts a 16-m
school playground a triangular area has
shadow. How many feet tall is a nearby
side lengths of 8 cm