1. Describe characteristics of the different types of relationships.
A relationship that does not promote healthy communication, honesty and intimacy
Couple sharing homes, also known as a common law relatio
1. But the processes that affect or permit conception are quite
complicated. The creation of sperm, or spermatogenesis, starts in the
male at puberty, and the production of sperm is regulated by
hormones (see Figure 8-1).
1. describe the methods used to quantify body composition, and state the advantages
and limitations of each.
1. BMI : To convert from pounds to kilograms, divide the number of pounds by 2.2. To
convert from inches to centimetres, multiply the number of in
discuss the controllable and non-controllable risk factors for communicable diseases.
2. describe viruses, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and parasitic worms, and discuss the infectious
diseases that they cause.
3. explain how infectious diseases are trans
Unit 10Tobacco and Caffeine
After completing Unit 10, you should be able to
1. describe the different ways in which tobacco is sold.
2. discuss the social issues of tobacco use, including advertising and medical costs.
3. identify s
1. describe the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system.
2. discuss the incidence, prevalence, and consequences of cardiovascular disease for
individuals and for Canadian society.
3. list the various types of heart disease, the factors that co
his final unit examines aging and its myriad interactions with health. Aging causes
many changes in the body, particularly an increased susceptibility to disability and
disease. While there are many theories to explain these changes, there is litt
*10x 100 x smaller
than bacteria and
Invades another cell (plants
of animal) 2 type
Instruct cell to
produce new viral
Cell releases new viru