Arche- is exsistance itself. The stuff is called arche. Everything that exists. Single and physical.
Cosmolgy- an account of the order of the universe.
Objective philosophy*- Rationalism- reflection of mythdesnctification of natural phenomena
TEST # 2:
WINDOWS ON HUMANITY : For each chapter study the summary along with the key terms at the end
of each chapter. Please note that the key terms are explicitly defined in the Glossary at the back
of your book. Below are a few additional
Orgin of species:
Creationism: is the biological similarity and differences that began at Creation.
-Carolus Linnaeus developed the first biological classification (taxonomy) of plants and
Fossil Records raised doubts about creationism
Ant 1102 Spring 2014
Exam # 3 -Study Guide
1. You need to know what the broad spectrum revolution is about
2. Know what led to the broad spectrum revolution
3. Know the types of domesticated animals and cultivated crops that are association with
Exam # 1 Study Guide Spring 2014
1. Know the four subfields of Anthropology, what each studies and it methodological tools.
2. Be able to distinguish the differences between the four subfields of Anthropology
3. Know the distinctive characterist
Anth 1102 Exam # 2- Study guide spring 2014
1. Be able to identify the three theories about human origins ( Creationism, catastrophism
2. Read information on the first taxonomy (who created it, what was it based on etc.)
3. Know t
Chapter 8: Broad Spectrum Revolution
Broad-spectrum revolution: 15,000 B.P. in the Middle East and 12,000 B.P. in Europe Exploitation of a wider range of plant and animal resources Led to food production by 10,000 B.P. in Middle East Food production: huma
4 subfields of Anthropology:
-Cultural- the study of human society and culture
-Archeological-reconstructs, describes, and interprets human behavior and cultural patterns
through material remains
-biological/physical-human biological diversity in time and