f.) 'Which ofthe following functions is NOT l-to-l .7 *- LN 3?
\ a.) Gm=|n+5|= JCS6 P,
t p. 0.0
I1.)G(x)=l:xqt0 e.)G(x)=x13= 0 a]
3 f) c.) G(x)=ln(x 7): x:- 7
1.) Let gii]=x1_ Find thevalne of[:gc 51(4) . 104)
33E d.) E .Y:
C.) Let f(x
(comparing banks)(bank comparison)
b jio yn hng
yn hng b jio
(comparing banks) (bank comparison)
Bank Of Internet USA - High Interest Checking 0.71% APY
$500 Min To Open - $5,000 Min To Avoid $7.50 Monthly Fee - Online Banking - Debit/ATM Card Regular C
HONORS PRE-CALC W/ TRIG 9F-14A REVIEW
9F. 1.) Find the exact amount of work a force of 10 Newtons in the direction of v = 2i + 5j that is required to move an object
from the point (8, 3) to the point (19, 10).
2.) Consider the vectors v = 6i 2j +
AP Physics Intro to
Its time to build on the energy thing and keep the excitement
moving along. This will surely happen with our next topic
WAVES. Waves turn out to be one of the ways that energy can be
transferred from one place to another.
TARGET 9B HOMEWORK - POLAR GRAPHING
Directions: Fill in the table of values and plot all points. Then, graph the polar equation by connecting the points. Finally,
fill in the chart on the right. (pardon the mislabeled degr
1. Determine whether the following series is convergent:
n=1 (1) n+2 .
n sin( n12 ).
2. Solve the differential equation:
xy 0 + 2y = y 2 x2 .
3. Find the Taylor series for
f (x) = x4 + x2 + 1
at a = 2.
4. Compute the l
MATH 1920 - Fall 2016 - Prelim 1 Practice 3
1. Consider the function z = f (x, y) =
(a) Find an equation of its tangent plane at (4, 1) in the form ax + by + cz = d.
(b) Use this equation or one equivalent to it to obtain a linear approximation
MATH 1920 - Fall 2016 - Prelim 2 Practice 1 Solutions
1. Let g(x, y) = x3 + 2y 1 for x 0 and y 0. Then the constraint is g(x, y) = 0. First
we check the endpoints
and where y = 0. If x = 0,
q of the constraint, i.e., where x = 0q
then 2y 3 = 1 so y = 3 12
MATH 1920 - Fall 2016 - Prelim 1 Practice 1 Solutions
1. Since the particle has constant speed, kr0 (t)k is constant. Thus kr0 (t)k2 = r0 (t) r0 (t)
is also constant with respect to t. So,
r (t) r0 (t)
= r00 (t) r0 (t) + r0 (t) r00 (t)
= 2(r0 (t) r
MATH 1920 - Fall 2016 - Prelim 1 Practice 1
1. Show USING CALCULUS (that is no physics arguments) that if a particle moves along
a path given by a twice differentiable position function r(t) at a constant speed, then
its velocity and acceleration vectors
MATH 1920 - Fall 2016 - Prelim 1 Practice 2 Solutions
1. (a) v is perpendicular to w if and only if their dot product is zero:
(i + 2j + ak) (i + j + k) = 0
(1)(1) + (2)(1) + (a)(1) = 0
a = 3.
(b) The area of the parallelogram determined by v a
MATH 1920 - Fall 2016 - Prelim 1 Practice 2
1. Consider the vectors v = i + 2j + ak and w = i + j + k.
(a) Find all values of the number a (if any) such that v is perpendicular to w.
(b) Find all value of the number a (if any)
such that the area of the p
MATH 1920 - Fall 2016 - Prelim 2 Practice 1
1. (15 points) Find the location of the maximum and minimum points, if they exist, on
the curve x3 + 2y 3 = 1, for x 0 and y 0, of the function f (x, y) = xy. Justify your
2. (15 points) Integrate f (x,
By James Poniewozik
Americans love selfmade men and women. And
who was ever more literally
self-made than Anna Nicole
acquaintances as a flatchested teen, she shaped,
nipped and tucked herself
into a living hood ornament.
February 15, 2013
Directions: This assignment is due on Thursday March 1st at the start of class.
1. A cylindrical can is to be manufactured to hold 50 cubic inches. Find the height
and the radius of the base so that the smallest a
The American PageantCh. 8: America Secedes from
1. What actions did the Second Continental Congress take in 1775?
2. What traits did Washington display as commander of the Revolutionary Army?
3. What was important about the colonial invasion of
Minor Parties in the United States
NOTE: Party list is not maintained by staff. It is here solely to show you some of the ideas
citizens in the US come up with for party names. Use caution and judgment if you decide to
explore any these topics on your own
POW #5, DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH
1.) Page 161, # 18.
2.) For what value(s) k will the function f ( x) 9kx2 7 x k have imaginary roots?
3.) Find all values of k such that the graph of the function d ( x) 3x2 2kx (2k 1) wi
American PageantCh. 2The Planting of English
1. In 1600, most of the New World lay firmly within the grip of
2. What diverted Englands attention away from colonization in the 1 st half of the 1500s?
What changed this equation?
UNIT II Test Review Sheet
Election Unit (Political Parties & Political Spectrum)
1. The major political ideologies present in the American political system
What does it mean to be liberal or conservative? think about their characteristics
Whats the word? The Things They Carried
Pick the most important word from the first paragraph of the novel.
Discuss and use evidence for support to share why it is most important.
Discuss the questions below.
1. What does the word you chose mean t
Your lecture number and/or time:
Math 294 Prelim 1
Monday, June 30th, 2008. 7:00 8:30 PM
This exam should have 7 pages (not including this cover page), with 6 problems printed on pages 1
through 6. The last page is blank and can be used as scra
MATH 3320: ASSIGNMENT #1
Due Monday September 14th. Try as many of the following questions as you can. Note that
grades will be based not only on correctness but also clarity of exposition. For the computational
questions you can use a calculator to perfo