1. Understand the importance of becoming an effective business communicator in todays
2. Identify ways in which technology helps improve business writing.
3. Discuss how to become an effective listener.
1. Differentiate between formal and informal methods of researching data and
generating ideas for messages. (Analyze)
2. Understand how to use an outline to organize information. (Understand/Apply)
3. Compare direct and indirect patter
1. Understand that business writing should be audience oriented,
purposeful, and economical.
2. Identify and implement the three phases of the writing process.
3. Appreciate the importance of analyzing the task and profiling