Objectives and Tools of World Regional Geography
1. The earths surface can be divided into five distinct oceans: Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, Pacific,
2. GPS and GIS are different acronyms for the same thing.
Legacy The West and the World
Chapter 6 Reading Guide The World in the Eighteenth Century
1. What was the scope of European possessions overseas, ca. 1713? (see map)
2. What is the only common denominator present in all developing nations?
Physical Processes and World Regions
1. Permafrost is an area of permanently frozen ground. This is a major concern with global
warming because large quantities of greenhouse gases are released as this area of land warms.