Slide 12 L06 II
13. fro some women its like clockwork. 28 days interval.
14. interrupted by various factors. Severe stress. Young women come to university. Away from
Regulated by brain. Hypothalamus. Through hormonal level.
Biological foundation III
called change of life. Physiological and social change that create very significant impact.
So depression not uncommon. Come from hormonal imbalance. The empty nest. The
women who were defined by children
Biological foundation: L06 I
involves the release of neuromuscular tension.
Waves of contraction of uterus
Men always ejaculate.
Start from 27
32: sperm is responsible. Both male and female sperm. Female sperm is more hardy.
Research methods II
13. Asking over the internet considered sexual harassment.
14. can control conditions for manipulations.
People like to have sex, so more sex = more happiness? No. maybe, should be mutually
Chapter 13 Social Psychology
Social Psychology: thestudyofhowpeoplethinkabout,influenceandrelatetoother
Psychology Lectures Notes:
Chapter 11: Motivation and Emotion
What is the different between motivation and emotion?
o Motivation activates a goal-directed behaviour (hunger, thirst, money, sexual desire) while
emotion is the subjective experience of a ph
Film psychopathology film: phil zimbardo
- neuroses vs psychoses
- research on twins who are discordant on schizophrenia
- diagnostic and statistical manual
- bible for clinical psychologists and psychiatrists
- I: clinical di
Film Eye of the Storm (1970)
Mrs. Elliots class exercise
In late 1960s, Jane Elliot developed a class exercise for public school class showing how
easily prejudice and discrimination can be created
A superficial cue (eye-colour) was selected to categori
famous case studies
o Seattle, Washington
o Intelligent, attractive, articulate
o Law student at U Washington
- Anti-social activity
- serial killer in early 80s
- raped and murdered 12 women from Washington to Florida
- executed 198
30 MC (text + material (lecture) + readings)
Long Essay (37 points)
- No number or staticts.
- Most vs not at all.
3. master and johson
looked at solitary sexuality (masturbation) and partners sexuality for both homo and hetro.