PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: PRECIPITATION
Solubility rules are given in your textbook.
1. Aqueous solutions of aluminum nitrate, barium acetate, and lithium sulfate are available. Which two
of these solutions would form a pre
Solutions to Class Example
Less amt paid
Stock option benefit
The Green Revolution
Food availability was a key factor in causing the Green Revolution to occur. In the 1950s and
1960s many countries faced a large population growth, but in terms of food, their food availability had
been reduced.1 Other co
CPA Fall Recruit Application Tip Sheet
This Tip Sheet will cover:
1. Cover Letter tips
2. Resume tips
3. Overall tips for both cover letter and resume
We strongly recommend that you look at your whole application with a critical eye and
Geography: FOOD (related to health)
Underlying premise: the health of a population is the direct consequence of having enough food,
a balanced diet and reduced susceptibility to disease.
Words to know:
Food Miles: A measure of the distance food travels fr
Points for Ep 2:
Points to date
January 18, 2017
Two Articles on First Nations:
When something goes wrong, it is the fault
of the individual on duty at the failure
point (Blame the worker).
Production must not be interrupted for any
reason; problems that occur are moved off
the production line.
Heroes are the
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops,
and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance
cameras, and acces
Purpose: The purpose of this presentation is to give a bit of background behind the science of
fear and provide a 3-pronged strategy to help overcome fears.
Central Idea: The next time you are trying to get over a fear, you will know how to ex
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: FLUORIDE IN WATER
On these problems, the solvent is water and the solution is sufficiently dilute so that the density of the
solution is the same as the density of water, 1.00 g/mL. You may assume
Name: _ Lab Instructor:_
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: SOLUTIONS
1. Define the terms: solution:
2. In this week's lab you will be working with solutions containing a variety of solutes. Write the formula if the name is given and the na
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: TITRATION
1. We call an aqueous solution of H2SO4 an acidic solution. Why?
2. What is a neutralization reaction?
Give the balanced equation for the reaction between phosphoric acid and sodium hydro
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: SPECTROSCOPY
1. Why do you think some solutions appear colorless?
2. Using the following data points, graph absorbance versus concentration (absorbance on the y-axis and
concentration on the x-axis
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: MEASUREMENT (Part II)
1. If 6.8% of the people in a room have red hair, how many redheads are in the room if it contains 250
2. What units would a chemist use to report the volume and densi
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: CHROMATOGRAPHY
You may assume that volumes are additive and that all percents are percents, by volume.
1. Why is an aqueous solution that is 50% 2-propanol, by volume, more polar than a solution th
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: COMBUSTION
1. What is a hydrocarbon?
2. What products form in the complete combustion of a hydrocarbon?
3. Combustion is an exothermic reaction. What does this mean?
4. Write the balanced chemical
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: GRAPHING ACTIVITY
For a review of straight-line graphs, see Appendix D-1 in your textbook.
Plot the following x,y points on the sheet of graph paper attached to the lab. Use up as much of the graph
1 Name: _ Lab Instructor:_
PREPARATION FOR CHEMISTRY LAB: MEASUREMENT (Part I)
Pre-lab questions need to be completed prior to your coming to lab. They may be collected at the beginning of the laboratory period. 1. What are the units of mass, length, and