01 Pregnancy Wellness
1. Formulate a treatment regimen for a pregnant patient suffering from nausea/vomiting; heartburn; pain; constipation; hemorrhoids; or common cold/rhinitis.
2. Describe pregnancy itch and discuss potential treatment options and their
08 Risk Assessment and Understanding CV Risk
1. Be able to explain what is meant by the various cardiovascular/fracture endpoints which drug therapy is aimed at improving.
2. Be able to select and use an appropriate risk estimation tool to help a patient
03 Drug Metabolism: Phase II Enzymes
Name 6 classes of Phase II enzymes & name the activated form of the conjugating moiety for each enzyme.
List 3 general diff b/n Phase I and II enzymes.
Describe tissue and subcellular location of each of the enzymes
1. Describe how to assess and evaluate problems of elevated BP.
2. Using best available evidence, compare and contrast the diff available txs from perspective of benefit, harm and convenience.
Drug induced HTN (main = alcoh
09 Lipids Therapeutics
1. Describe diff in lipid-lowering and CV event reduction effects of different classes of anti-hyperlipidemic drugs.
2. Estimate in quantitative terms the efficacy and toxicity of statin therapy in individual pt situations.
02 Drug Metabolism: Phase I Enzymes
Name 4 Phase I enzymes and describe, using diagrams or eqns, the rxns they catalyze.
List cofactors (if any) involved in rxns catalyzed by each of the enzymes names above (in Objective 1).
List the substrates of each
05 Drug Metabolism-Enzyme Induction
Define enzyme induction.
Discuss enzyme induction in terms of types of cmpds that act as inducers, enzymes affected, time course of
induction, and possible outcomes of induction.
Discuss the clinical implications of
04 Drug Metabolism - Inter-Individual Variability, Enzyme Polymorphism and Other Factors Affecting Drug
List 4 host factors, other than enzyme induction and enzyme inhibition that affect drug biotransformation.
Discuss an example of ge
06 Drug Metabolism-Enzyme Inhibition
Discuss enzyme inhibition in terms of general mechs by which biotransformation may be inhibited, the
enzymes affected, and possible outcomes of inhibition.
List 3 categories of cytochrome P450 inhibitors.
01 Drug Metabolism-Introduction and Overview
Discuss the purpose and outcomes of drug metabolism.
Compare and discuss the terms, drug metabolism, and biotransformation.
With the aid of a diagram, outline the major pathways of biotransformation.