Last Name :_ Student Number:_
First Name:_ Mark:
l.[lO points: 5 points for verifying each function] Verify that the functions y, and y; are solutions the
x 2y"x(x+2)y +(x+2)y= 0,;x>0 y1(x)=x,y2(x)=xe"
(V q; ( W788] n, XCXlUlj' 4
MATA32 TUT0015 Quiz #1 Week 3, September 30, 2010
Name: gva/Lx Student Number:
1. An investor has a choice of investing $2000 for 2 years at 8% compounded
3 a 5'3
annually or at 7.8% compounded semiannually.
a) Which is the better of t
MATA32 TUT0015 Quiz #4
Week 8, November 3, 2010
Aids Allowed: Calculator ONLY
1. (12 marks) Find the Derivatives of following functions.
[ (X ) -
In (x 2 )
,"X . ~ . z,A' -
= X Z log
MATA32H3F-Quiz #. 2. Mark: g,
1. If $100 is deposited in a savings account that earns interest at an annual rate of 41%
compounded continuously, what 15 the value of the account at the end of two years? [5 marks]
g g; anrt V: i7 9.01%!
MATA32F - Ouiz # 8 Mark = l E
Name Student #_
-/ 1. Assume mar me rora1 untarlo provmcial debt, A, grows over time according to the
k] equation A = kA3(L A)5 where k and L are positive co stants. Calculate the size
1/ of A whenA IS growing most rapidly. [
MATA32F Quiz # 1 Mark 2 All;
Name: ID #
1. Consider an investment of $16, 000 at an APR of 3. 66% compounding monthly for eight years.
Find the following:
(a) the compound amount rounded down to the nearest dollar. [4 points]
6; PII I+I)
a M fay/9W3; .
MATA32F - Quiz # 6 Mark 2 L
Name: ID #
1. In all of this question let y: f (51:) 171(2)
(a) Find the equation of the tangent line where (12: e. [7 points]
3': 1X (XJ x E 2 2X [MKi
7 in'X lnX Inux
MXw/ 145 260,: e,
to. 9: e2
(b) Find the