What is a natural health product?
o Health Canada definition:
Natural health products include:
Vitamins and minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, herbal remedies,
traditional medicine, homeopathic medicines
Your choice: NHP i
Chapter 4: carbohydrates
- Classifying carbohydrates
o Chemical composition (nutrition facts table food label)
o Physiological impact (digestibility, glycaemic index)
o Degree to which they have been processed (whole food, refined food)
- Carbohydrates in
- Fat in the Canadian diet
o The Canadian community health survey (CCHS) revealed:
Fat in the Canadian diet declined from 40% of energy in 1978 to 31% in 2004
Intake of fat above 35% energy is most common in the 35-50 year age group
50% of Canad
3.1 Cells and Tissues / Organs and Organ System
- 4 major types of tissues: Muscle, nerve, epithelial, connective (all from digestive system)
- Tissue in the stomach:
o Nervous and connective tissue which signal the brain when it is empty or ful
NFS 384 Term Test, Fall, 1999
Select the ONE best answer.
1. How much energy is contained in a meal supplying 80g of carbohydrates, 25g protein, 20g fat and
a. 540 Kcal
b. 590 Kcal
c. 640 Kcal
d. 670 Kcal
2. In which of the following
NFS 284 TERM TEST Practice Questions. Select the best answer.
1) Which statement best describes positive energy balance?
A) Positive energy balance refers to a situation in which an individual's energy intake exceeds the number of
calories expended to mai
NFS284 test 1
Chapter 1: Food for Health
1.1 How healthy is our diet?
- We tend to eat a lot of meat and fat but not others
- All the fats come from the fast food (main sources of the fats) ex. Pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, cookies
- Homemade food are