Chapter 05 Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
1. Which of the following would least likely involve ethical concerns?
A. Overstating an expense report.
B. Forecasting sales for the next year.
C. Withholding product safety information.
D. Ignoring u
Chapter 12 Cost-Base Analysis and Pricing
1. All of the following are reasons for managers to understand the configuration of the cost base of the
A. developing strategies
B. making operations decisions
C. determining where the organi
Chapter 01 What Is Business?
1. Any activity which seeks to earn a profit by providing a good or service is known as a(n):
2. _ is the amount a business earns over and above what it spends for salaries and
Chapter 01 What Is Business?
1. Any activity which seeks to earn a profit by providing a good or service is known as
2. _ is the amount a business earns over and above what it spends for
Chapter 03 The Global Marketplace
1. _ is the selling of goods and services to other countries.
2. Approximately how many people live in the "Emerging Markets"?
A. 5 + billion
B. 2 + billion
C. 3 + billio
Chapter 02 The Canadian Economic Environment
1. In recent years, productivity in the manufacturing sector of the Canadian economy has been:
B. relatively stable.
C. falling slowly.
D. falling very rapidly.
2. Economic expansion occurs when
Comparacin de la popularidad del ftbol en Canad y Espaa
En Espaa, el ftbol es ms que un deporte: es una pasin de por vida (Cuaderno de Tercero).
En Espaa la liga profesional de ftbol se llama "La Liga". En "la liga" todos los veinte equipos
(The self, others, family, relationships, descriptions, clothes,
Daily routine, things needed to get ready:
to go to bed
Arreglarse ( el pelo)
to fix (hair)
to take a bath
Education & work (future plans)
Las ciencias naturales
Las ciencias sociales
La educacin fsica
Hobbies and free time
Ir al partido
Jugar al (bsquetbol, bisbol, ftbol, golf,
Hablar por telfono
Ir a la leccin de (piano)
Ir de compras
Chapter 06 Developing a Business Strategy
1. In order for an organization to be successful over the long term, managers need to have a _ as to
where and how to compete in the markets in which they intend to serve.
A. strategic direction
B. business strate
Chapter 04 The Environment & Sustainable Business Practices
1. Businesses can best meet their responsibility to society by:
A. creating markets for domestic products.
B. shifting the blame for product liability cases onto the legal system.
C. supporting t
Chapter 07 Managing and Leading the Organization's Talent
1. What are considered to be the cornerstones to the structural foundation of a business, how it operates, and
how its tactical execution is tied to its strategic plan?
A. Organizational Structure,
Chapter 10 The Marketing Challenge
1. In its simplest context, the purpose of marketing is to design, develop, and communicate _.
2. Which of the following is NOT part of the process of marketin
Chapter 08 Developing Your Business Structure and Culture
1. A key component of this _ approach to human resource management is recognizing that managers
need to spend more time on talent development.
Chapter 11 Understanding the Marketing Effort
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the historically referred Four P's of Marketing?
2. A traditional "Pillar" of Marketing, _ has since been replac
Chapter 09 Operations and Supply Chain Management
1. _ goes beyond the ability to control or improve, and fundamentally focuses on the design and
development of such processes as well.
A. Total production system
C. Operational efficiency
Chapter 13 Introduction to Capital and Financial Markets
1. How are business organizations' legal structure and financing interrelated?
A. As a business organization moves forward the need for forces them to take a certain legal structure
B. As a business
Chapter 15 Analyzing New Business Ventures
1. All of the following are phases associated with venture analysis, EXCEPT:
A. Market Analysis
B. Value Advantage
C. PESTEL Analysis
D. Operations Analysis
E. Management Competency Analysis
2. All of the followi
Chapter 14 Understanding Financial Statements
1. The role of the senior management team is to determine an organization's overall direction and then
_ the execution of the tactics and strategic thrusts.
A. command and run
B. dictate and govern
C. direct a
VII. The environment (weather, physical world, geography)
Talk about Earth, Energy, Environment
La selva tropical
El aire acondicionado
Bueno/ malo para la salud
good/ bad for your health
mantener la salud
to maintain your health
Los anteojos de sol
How are business organizations' legal structure and financing interrelated?
A. As a business organization moves forward the need for forces them to take a
certain legal structure
B. As a business organization grows the need for add
All of the following are reasons for managers to understand the configuration of
the cost base of the organization, EXCEPT
B. making operations
C. determining where the organization is
_ goes beyond the ability to control or improve, and fundamentally focuses on
the design and development of such processes as well.
A. Total production