Summary Questions for Chapter 31 Animal Organization and Physiology
1. What is the difference between anatomy and physiology?
Anatomy: Study of structures of organisms
Physiology: Study of functions of organisms
2. Name and describe the four types of anim
Sample questions for 55-140 Final Exam
1. With its abundance of collagenous fibers, cartilage is an example of _.
A) connective tissue.
B) nervous tissue.
C) epithelial tissue.
D) adipose tissue.
2. Cells of epithelial tissue can be _.
Summary Questions for Chapter 23 - Fungi
1. What are the characteristics of fungi?
2. What is the difference between a saprophyte and a symbiont?
3. What are two main types of symbiotic relationships?
4. How do fungi get their nutrients?
5. What are hypha
Practice Questions for Midterm 1
1. Which of the following were observation(s) noted by Darwin?
a. Members within a population do not vary greatly in their traits
b. All species are capable of producing more offspring than the environment can support
Summary Questions for Chapter 22 - Protists
1. What are the characteristics that differentiate protists from prokaryotes?
A membrane-bound nucleus
Multiple, linear chromosomes
Microtubules and microfilaments motility and support
Summary Questions for Chapter 34 Animal Development
1. Explain the three processes of early in animal development?
2. Where is the information needed to carry out early animal development?
3. What is polarity in an egg?
4. What is the difference between t
Summary questions Chapter 39 - Animal Behaviour:
Animal behaviour is governed by which two factors?
What is the difference between instinctive and learned behaviour?
Explain fixed action pattern.
How can other species take advantage of fixe
Summary Questions for Chapter 26 - Deuterostomes
1. What are the basic characteristics of echinoderms?
2. What are the two main invertebrate groups of chordates?
3. Name and explain the derived characters of all chordates.
4. How do Urochordates feed?
Summary Questions for Chapter 25 - Protostomes
What is an animal?
What is the hypothesis on the origins of animals?
Name and describe the five key innovations in animal evolution.
Name and describe the three primary cell layers.
Summary Questions for Chapter 24 - Plants
1. What are the characteristics of plants?
2. What is alternation of generations?
3. What are the adaptations plants had to make from their transition to land?
4. What are some characteristics that plants share wi